yconic - for university of western ontario students
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

for university of western ontario students

A photo of ma7moud ma7moud
hey , i am an international student accepted in uwo Biological and medical science and my first year will start in 2011 september and i am totally lost and i do not have any idea what courses is given for first year bio/med student and how many electives should i choose i have 0.5 transfer credit for my calculus 1000A(1.00) and 1 transfer credit for my biology 1223 (1) so these means that i will not be able to take biology 1223 what is going to be my grade then and what should i take instead of it anyone can help me pleasee . thank you
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of freebird freebird
I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, but see my post in this thread:
http://www.studentawards.com/Forum.aspx?g=posts&t=7232
If you've already taken a calc 1000 equivalent, then you can take another 0.5 of your choice in first semester in its place. If you've already taken bio, then maybe look here to see if you want to take any second year required courses: http://www.uwo.ca/bmsc/Year2_courses.html
Or you could take more electives. But you may want to talk to a counsellor to decide what's best: http://www.uwo.ca/sci/counselling/dept_counsellors.html

If you still have questions, I'd be happy to help as best I can.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JNBirDy JNBirDy

@ma7moud wrote
hey , i am an international student accepted in uwo Biological and medical science and my first year will start in 2011 september and i am totally lost and i do not have any idea what courses is given for first year bio/med student and how many electives should i choose i have 0.5 transfer credit for my calculus 1000A(1.00) and 1 transfer credit for my biology 1223 (1) so these means that i will not be able to take biology 1223 what is going to be my grade then and what should i take instead of it anyone can help me pleasee . thank you

Hi, when you do your course registration later this summer (or at SAO), your semesters should be like this:

First Semester:
[0.5] Chemistry 1100A
[0.5] Physics 1028A or 1301A or 1501A
[0.5] Category A, B, or C elective
[0.5] Category A, B, or C elective
[0.5] Category A or B elective

Second Semester:
[0.5] Chemistry 1200B
[0.5] Physics 1029B or 1302B or 1502B
[0.5] Calculus 1301B or 1502B, or Mathematics 1600B, 1225B, 1228B, 1229B, or Statistical Sciences 1024B.
[0.5] Category A, B, or C elective.
[0.5] Category A or B elective.

All your courses during first year must start with "1" - you cannot take an upper year course.

freebird gave some good links so make sure to check them out.
Was this helpful? Yes 0