yconic - Forensic Nursing Placements
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Forensic Nursing Placements

A photo of Gecko Gecko
I was wondering if any nursing students in here have had, or know anyone that has a forensic nursing placement. I know of one person that has done it at MAC but no one else. I think this would be an interesting field to get into and was just wondering if anyone had any information to share about it. I am aware that york offers a certification for forensics that you can take to further enhance your skills and such. I know its becoming more popular in the US also.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of cosstickxx cosstickxx
I've never heard of a forensic nursing placement. Was it given to this person at mac or did thy have to set it up? I know that at western final semester 4th year is a full time placement. you can take one of the ones they offer or you can set your own up
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cosstickxx cosstickxx
I think forensics sounds like a kind of weird specialty of nursing anyways. I feel like it kinda defeats the purpse of nursing
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Gecko Gecko

@cosstickxx wrote
I think forensics sounds like a kind of weird specialty of nursing anyways. I feel like it kinda defeats the purpse of nursing

I can understand where you coming from there.Not much if any "therapeutic relationship" but I love being challenged and applying critical thinking skills all the time. I dont want to become a robot in a hospital that pushes IV meds for 15yrs (im not saying that all nurses in hospitals do). But like im interested in Trauma, ICU and forensics as of right now. I know things will change but I think forensic nursing would be interesting.

Forensic nursing deals a lot with mental health victims also. I'm not sure about her placement. From what
Was this helpful? Yes 0