yconic - Frats at UWO!!!!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Frats at UWO!!!!

A photo of matt6694 matt6694
Can anyone tell me anything about the frats UWO. im interested in what frats are the largest and most popular. thanks :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of beyondsection17 beyondsection17
A list of all the UWO fraternities I can think of:

Pi Kappa Alpha (Pike)
Phi Gamma Delta (FIJI)
Sigma Chi
Delta Upsilon
Alpha Epsilon Pi
Lambda Chi Alpha.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of akbadak akbadak
Although I did not partake, it's quite a fun scene from what I've heard, make sure it doesn't impede on your studying obv, especially if you end up at saugeen, which means double the trouble.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of beachbuum beachbuum
what exactly are frats/ sororities? Coming to uwo from bc and theres no such thing over here haha. i thought they only existed in the u.s. !
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
^ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraternities_and_sororities

How you've gotten through life without seeing at least one of Animal House, Van Wilder, Revenge of the Nerds, Old School, and Sorority Boys is beyond me. And, yes, they do have frats and sororities in BC.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

haha k like i've seen them in movies and stuff I'm not totally naive haha, i know they're known for throwing big parties and all that, but what else do they actually do?

and there might be some over here but they are definatelyy not a big deal like they seem to be in ont.? and theres no talk about them whatsoever, haha maybe its a bigger thing on the mainland but i have so many friends in uni even in van and have never heard them mentioned at all:| hahah
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@beachbuum wrote
haha k like i've seen them in movies and stuff I'm not totally naive haha, i know they're known for throwing big parties and all that, but what else do they actually do?

and there might be some over here but they are definatelyy not a big deal like they seem to be in ont.? and theres no talk about them whatsoever, haha maybe its a bigger thing on the mainland but i have so many friends in uni even in van and have never heard them mentioned at all:| hahah

There's a big focus on philanthropy in the Greek scene, from what I've seen. They like to raise money for charities! Fraternities and Sororities seem to be about brotherhood/sisterhood, philanthropy and networking opportunities (both within your own fraternity/sorority and with others in the scene).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

hey thanks beyondsection17, had no idea!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@beachbuum wrote
hey thanks beyondsection17, had no idea!

No prob ;)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Snack Snack

@beachbuum wrote
what exactly are frats/ sororities? Coming to uwo from bc and theres no such thing over here haha. i thought they only existed in the u.s. !

ya there is
Was this helpful? Yes 0