yconic - Freaking out here, what should I do?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Freaking out here, what should I do?

A photo of harmony harmony
Hey guys. Currently I have 4 core classes, including Gr.12 Bio and math, plus Gr.11 S.S and Physic.
The work load..I think it's just absolutly too much.
I feel like I can't handle it anymore. What should I do?
Any advice?
I mean the stuff isn't that hard, it's just Bio it too time consuming and math can get confusing, by phsics teacher talks too fast...
I feel like screaming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What do you guys do when you just feel there's just no time to get done everything.
I'm having a huge panic attack. I wonder how could I ever survive in University..
I'm losing hope in life. *tears*
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of Saruna Saruna

Well, if I were you, I would just drop one of my courses if I didn't desperately need it. If it's stressing you out that much then I don't think it's worth it. Of course, if you feel like you can manage it in the long run and all this stress is just temporary, then I would try to get extra help in physics or math and stick through it. But for me, I know that math and physics are not my strongest subjects, so I would have to invest more time in them. If I feel like there is no time to do everything, then I do as much as I can. But it shouldn't feel like that all the time, or you need to drop one of your courses asap.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of harmony harmony

@Saruna wrote

Well, if I were you, I would just drop one of my courses if I didn't desperately need it. If it's stressing you out that much then I don't think it's worth it. Of course, if you feel like you can manage it in the long run and all this stress is just temporary, then I would try to get extra help in physics or math and stick through it. But for me, I know that math and physics are not my strongest subjects, so I would have to invest more time in them. If I feel like there is no time to do everything, then I do as much as I can. But it shouldn't feel like that all the time, or you need to drop one of your courses asap.

Thanks for the advice. I thought about droping one, but then I have to take another course on some sort of subject, but it can be options though. I guess the reason I didn't want to drop out my core is to not want to waste time on those. I just hope I can get used to the work load soon. Or else I guess I won't make it through University.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jennyroy jennyroy
I also have a heavy work load being in the IB program, and I find it soo overwhelming sometimes. But I find that going in for extra help or studying with friends when I dont understand something really helps. As for the workload, its tough to not fall behind, but I find if I make a list of everything I have to get done and prioritize everything, it makes it easier to get most of it done.
Dont worry, youll survive :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0