yconic - Freaking the f-out
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Freaking the f-out

A photo of WesternSciGuy WesternSciGuy
So i applied to the following schools/programs:

UTM
Life Sci
McMaster
Life Sci
Western
BioMed
Science

I really want to only go to western, and my grades are not good...

English: 90
Adv Func: 94
Law: 91
Socio: 84 (MidTerm)
Chem: 80 (MidTerm)
Bio: 78 (MidTerm)

i seriously dont know if im going to get accepted to Western. Anyone tell me honestly what they think will happen?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of HHuskies9 HHuskies9
i think you still have a good chance, I'm pretty sure the cutoff was between 85.5 last year so you should be in the clear unless it goes up
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jsonga Jsonga
As mentioned last year's cutoff was 85.5%. It's risen every year in the past years so it seems like you're on the borderline. Is it not too late to squeeze in another .5-1%? That would help a lot.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LenaL LenaL
I don't remember the exact number, but I believe my average at the time I was accepted was around 85.3-ish. I got both life science and science for Western. I think you should be okay, but an extra .5% would definitely be more beneficial =)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aquarius aquarius

@WesternSciGuy wrote

UTM
Life Sci
McMaster
Life Sci
Western
BioMed
Science

i seriously dont know if im going to get accepted to Western. Anyone tell me honestly what they think will happen?

Last year's Western cut off was 85.5 and Mac Life Science was 88 . Somebody in this forum mentioned they confirmed with Mac and the cut off this year would be 89, so I think (just my opinion) 87 would be a safer number.

If for any reason you don't get accepted, but if you do make the cut off after your final marks come in, you absolutely can call the admission dept and speak to them directly if that is the only school you really want to go to.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of WesternSciGuy WesternSciGuy

@aquarius wrote

@WesternSciGuy wrote

UTM
Life Sci
McMaster
Life Sci
Western
BioMed
Science

Last year's Western cut off was 85.5 and Mac Life Science was 88 . Somebody in this forum mentioned they confirmed with Mac and the cut off this year would be 89, so I think (just my opinion) 87 would be a safer number.

If for any reason you don't get accepted, but if you do make the cut off after your final marks come in, you absolutely can call the admission dept and speak to them directly if that is the only school you really want to go to.

So if i make the cut-off with my final grades will i basically be guaranteed a spot? Or does it depend if they're full or not?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jsonga Jsonga
The school doesn't have a set cutoff and that is only determined once all the spots are taken up. If you are above the cutoff yes you receive admission.
Was this helpful? Yes 0