yconic - frosh week at waterloo? move in? parties?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

frosh week at waterloo? move in? parties?

A photo of farahk93 farahk93
im a student coming from the US. does anyone know around what time all the frosh activities start? cus ive gotta figure out when to leave for the 3 hour drive to waterloo :/.
also in the US a lot of kids blow off orientation week stuff to day-drink, party, etc...is that normal at waterloo too? or do most people go to all of the o-week stuff?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of chatmike chatmike
Yes. It's very common for people from Waterloo to blow off frosh week to go drinking. They're such party animals.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of samwise575 samwise575

@chatmike wrote
Yes. It's very common for people from Waterloo to blow off frosh week to go drinking. They're such party animals.

I hope this is sarcasm.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@samwise575 wrote

@chatmike wrote

I hope this is sarcasm.

Sarcasm? Isn't it a well known fact all the partygoers go to 'loo? It's why they have such a lively campus.

edit: I'm just exaggerating stereotypes btw OP, i'm sure frosh will be fun at UW like it is at most universities. and the general belief is "don't miss frosh week or you'll regret it", so i wouldn't be concerned about that many people skipping it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of samwise575 samwise575

@chatmike wrote

@samwise575 wrote

@chatmike wrote

I hope this is sarcasm.

Sarcasm? Isn't it a well known fact all the partygoers go to 'loo? It's why they have such a lively campus.

edit: I'm just exaggerating stereotypes btw OP, i'm sure frosh will be fun at UW like it is at most universities. and the general belief is "don't miss frosh week or you'll regret it", so i wouldn't be concerned about that many people skipping it.

The party going crowd does not go to University of Waterloo, maybe Laurier. Waterloo is known for being one of the least partying schools.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@samwise575 wrote

The party going crowd does not go to University of Waterloo, maybe Laurier. Waterloo is known for being one of the least partying schools.

I was kidding. :bounce: :bounce:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of EricArzoo EricArzoo
samwise is a derp
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
The activities will start on move in day and just continue throughout the day. The first day is usually very casual. So as long as you're there by the time everyone is expected to move in and be settled then you should be fine. Probably early afternoon on the first day. There is more detailed information on the orientation website where you can print out a personalized schedule.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kiddinaround kiddinaround
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qql0Yi4DxU
Was this helpful? Yes 0