yconic - Frustrated with Mcgill!!!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Frustrated with Mcgill!!!

A photo of hapmie hapmie
I don't know if it's just me but I have been waiting for what seems to be forever. Is any one out there still waiting for Mcgill to accept them (especially into their life science program)?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
14 replies

A photo of livia13 livia13
same story here! life science. i'm assuminng i won't get in...lol
what's your average like ? mine is like 92.7
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of hapmie hapmie
I hope you do get in because if you do not then neither am I. My average is 92.3% I want to believe that we are the next batch to be accepted (92%). I called them today and they said I would get a response latest on Tuesday. I've been so tensed for the past 2 months, can't wait until its over.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of marky marky
Don't worry guys, I'm sure you'll get accepted very soon.
My average is exactly 93 and I got accepted at around noon today.

By the way, are you guys from Ontario?

Was this helpful? Yes 0

yep i'm from ontario! are you?
and hapmie, tomorrow isn't the last day for their acceptances? terribad... :S
i've almost decided on queen's already haha
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of hapmie hapmie
lol, Queen's is my second choice too. If mark got in with 93% then I believe we have a shot (you have more of a shot than I do anyways). I believe they'll send out the last round tomorrow and then rejection letters next week. I'm from Ontario as well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of hapmie hapmie
Let me know if you got in because I just checked mine and it says further review required. I'm so angry!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of marky marky

@livia13 wrote

Yeah, I'm from Ontario too!

Maybe you should try calling them. when I called, the lady said that for some reason my application had been left out and not reviewed so she put a note on my account. And I got accepted the next day. it's strange

If you do get accepted, will you go to McGill?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nemandi nemandi
Hi, I'm from Ontario and I take the full IB diploma.
I got my FSF 4U and MHF 4U in grade 11 so they are not part of my grade 12 midterm marks (they are final marks already). I was wondering:
1. What is the highest average that got rejected by Life Science so far, as you've heard from your friends? I.e. what do you think is the cut-off for this year? (For Ontario students)
2. If anything is changed after IB exams, will they re-review your marks?
3. After considering ENG 4U, SCH 4U, SBI 4U, MCV 4U, which are prerequisite for Life Science, will McGill select the next two marks from IB courses, like history and ToK, or will they automatically "find" the top 4U marks, which are FSF 4U and MHF 4U that I took last year?

Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@hapmie wrote
Let me know if you got in because I just checked mine and it says further review required. I'm so angry!!

Hi, have you heard more from them yet? My average is about the same as yours.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of hapmie hapmie

@nemandi wrote

@hapmie wrote

I've called them like 5 times today regarding my transcript and they keep saying they asked for it since October (huge lie). For the fact that they have not rejected me yet then that means with 92.3% you should get accepted. I hope you're not an international student though (as I am) because they will waste your time. Good luck though!! By the way They also said you should get a response latest on Tuesday.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@hapmie wrote

@nemandi wrote

@hapmie wrote

I've called them like 5 times today regarding my transcript and they keep saying they asked for it since October (huge lie). For the fact that they have not rejected me yet then that means with 92.3% you should get accepted. I hope you're not an international student though (as I am) because they will waste your time. Good luck though!! By the way They also said you should get a response latest on Tuesday.

Thanks! Please let me know if you got in! Good luck to you too!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Sorry to bump this topic since it's pretty late already, but hapmie I didn't end up getting in. Got a rejection letter actually. So I'm going to Queen's Con Ed and Science next year, accepted my offer already haha =)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx

@livia13 wrote
Sorry to bump this topic since it's pretty late already, but hapmie I didn't end up getting in. Got a rejection letter actually. So I'm going to Queen's Con Ed and Science next year, accepted my offer already haha =)

holy f*cking crap you got rejected with a 92.7 :!: That's ridiculous... but anyway Queen's is waay better, eh (I'm going too :cheers: )
Was this helpful? Yes 0