yconic - Gap year students + TD scholarship
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Gap year students + TD scholarship

A photo of SunnySide SunnySide
I have a very brief but important question. Can I apply for the TD scholarship for community if I graduated from high school in June 2011, but plan on taking a few high school courses in the January 2012 semester? I have continued my community involvement and work during my 'gap-semester' and still work closely with my high school... ???
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of TDScholarships TDScholarships

@SunnySide wrote
I have a very brief but important question. Can I apply for the TD scholarship for community if I graduated from high school in June 2011, but plan on taking a few high school courses in the January 2012 semester? I have continued my community involvement and work during my 'gap-semester' and still work closely with my high school... ???

Are you in Ontario?

Lara Dias
TD Scholarships
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SunnySide SunnySide
Yes, I'm in Ontario. I called the number specified on the application, and they told me that I would just need to specify my situation and attatch it to my application. Should I write this as an optional essay of up to 250 words? And I was wondering if the title of the 600 word essay: should that be counted as part of the 600 word limit?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of TDScholarships TDScholarships

@SunnySide wrote
Yes, I'm in Ontario. I called the number specified on the application, and they told me that I would just need to specify my situation and attatch it to my application. Should I write this as an optional essay of up to 250 words? And I was wondering if the title of the 600 word essay: should that be counted as part of the 600 word limit?

That's correct. A title is not required for the essay but if you do include one it will not be included in the word count.

Lara
TD Scholarships
Was this helpful? Yes 0