yconic - Gay roomate at McGill?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Gay roomate at McGill?

A photo of citylife22 citylife22
Hey guys,

I'm a gay (girl) and I was really hoping to get a single room at McGill. I ranked all the singles room first and I unfortunately ended up with a double at New Rez. I'm just wondering if you think that it'll cause problems with people. I am totally not the type to ever hit on someone straight but I'm really worried I'll end up with a really sheltered roommate who treats me like the plague.

Do you guys know of any websites where I can try to find a roommate that would be friendly with that?
It's stressing me out.

Thank you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of ktel ktel
Have you filled out any sort of roommate matching form? If it has a comments section you could express your concerns there. Otherwise I feel like you should be able to contact McGill about this.

It is 2011 for goodness sakes, I think most people should be at least accepting of that sort of thing. I am heavily involved in the rugby community, and there are a large number of female lesbian athletes. We shower together after games, sleep in hotel rooms on road trips, etc. and nobody really has a problem with it (cue the inappropriate comments)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of TheLaw TheLaw
i told my floor I was bi and nobody treated me any differently than other ppl.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of hoffmankira hoffmankira
I'm in the same boat but I'm going to Western. I've been wondering about this also but I think we just have to wait and if our room mates have a problem (I'm sure the chances are slim though) then obviously the people who operate the residence will switch our room mate. I was surprised that my residence questionaire had no personal questions like that but oh well. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of beyondsection17 beyondsection17

@hoffmankira wrote
I'm in the same boat but I'm going to Western. I've been wondering about this also but I think we just have to wait and if our room mates have a problem (I'm sure the chances are slim though) then obviously the people who operate the residence will switch our room mate. I was surprised that my residence questionaire had no personal questions like that but oh well. :)

99.99999999% of people are much more reasonable than people give them credit.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted