yconic - General Entrance Scholarships
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

General Entrance Scholarships

A photo of teeching teeching
Hey guys!

I was wondering if universities will lower your scholarship value if your average falls below it.

for example:
say i was awarded $2000 for a 90 - 94.9% average
but later, the final marks ended up as 85 - 89.9% average

would universities lower the scholarship amount or keep it the same?

thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of ktel ktel
Totally depends on the university.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Ba Ba Blue Ba Ba Blue
Trent verifies after all grades are input, but I think Queen's takes the grades at the time they made their offer (unless grades go up, in which case they will increase the scholarship amount, but they won't penalize you for dropping). It's best to check the policy of the school you're intending on going to.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of teeching teeching
thanks for the reply guys!

just wondering, how do i find that information?
i don't think they specifically say on their website
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of englishbuff englishbuff

@teeching wrote
thanks for the reply guys!

just wondering, how do i find that information?
i don't think they specifically say on their website

I have a Queen's brochure which states that they do not withdraw entrance scholarships
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of krankd krankd
Intense bump, I have a question about the waterloo scholarship. It says on their site "Your early May admission average, including required courses, must be 90 - 94.9% for the program for which you’ve received and accepted an Offer of Admission. Your admission average will be calculated using your top 6 Grade 12 U or M courses (based on marks available in early May), including all required courses for the program(s) to which you’ve applied. " I submitted an average of 90.5%, does this mean I will get this scholarship even if my final mark drops to 80%?
Was this helpful? Yes 0