yconic - General science programs
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

General science programs

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
I understand that you can apply for a general science program only taking two of the three sciences. So lets say i apply for queens science which has a general first year...could i chooseto major in a biology-related subject (ie biochem/life science etc.) if i never took grade 12 biology? I noticed that u of t has a list of prerequisites for each major, but queens doesnt? Also does anyone knowif the same would work at mcgill? Thank you :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of ktel ktel
Keep in mind some courses might have specific high school prerequisites, even if you didn't need those courses to get into your program. You definitely should not and probably could not major in bio without taking the high school course.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles

@ktel wrote
Keep in mind some courses might have specific high school prerequisites, even if you didn't need those courses to get into your program. You definitely should not and probably could not major in bio without taking the high school course.

is there any way finding out what courses need what high school prerequisites?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
Most schools have what is called an Academic Calendar that has course listings with prerequisites
Was this helpful? Yes 0