yconic - geological engineering
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

geological engineering

A photo of Andus Andus
Hi I'm in grade 12 and was thinking to applying to geological engineering. So, I was wondering if anyone can tell me about the course load and which university has the best geological engineering program. Thanks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of zaidpass zaidpass
I got into the waterloo geological program and thats the only one that I know of in Ontario. (I have very little knowledge about this program )

It seemed interesting to me but a lot of people told me you will get jobs outside of cities :(

You should look into waterloo, their co-op will get you a lot of experience.

I think it will be really helpful to get hands on experience, and it seems pretty fun as well.

Look into it and and let me know how it goes :) , i was always curious about this field
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
I only know of Waterloo's geological engineering program, but you can use einfo to search for others.

I have heard the workload is okay, no better/worse than the majority of engineering programs.

The co-op jobs are difficult to get. There's not too many places hiring geological engineers. Mechanical engineers are employable almost anywhere, same goes for electrical engineers, computer/software engineers are fine with all of the tech companies now, etc.... but geological engineers are kind of limited. I have heard some get less than enviable positions and many of the jobs are far away from the major centers in Ontario.
Was this helpful? Yes 0