yconic - Get Moving
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Get Moving

A photo of Beach244 Beach244
Many people are intimidated by gyms and so then they dont work out and sit around. Well you actually don't need a gym membership or tones of money. You can do simple things at home with household items or even some free weights. Or if you have a passion for running, dance, soccer. Whatever it may be get out there and do it, because it's definitly better than doing nothing. It is common sense but sometimes we get so caught up and busy we forget that this can boost our mood and give us more energy.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
10 replies

A photo of WendyLai WendyLai
good luck with that, when you're busy working out, i'll be schooling you with my 99% average. pz
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jennadavid jennadavid
hahahahhahahahah
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of samanthax0 samanthax0
i have a 95% average and i workout everyday, its not hard to keep up with and it keeps you more alert and focused in class i find.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sherrilynne31 sherrilynne31
I completely agree with samanthax0. She has an excellent point. It is important for not only you to be working hard in class, but to also keep up a health lifestyle. Perhaps even ask you strive for you high marks, carry an extra book with you. Jog your way to class? Take the stairs instead of the elevator! Simple things in life will make an impact. Remember to keep up a healthy diet as well.

Hint: Whenever I am on the run and need to keep up with my studies I carry flip cards with me to read when I have a moment.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Well what if you've got a free gym membership from your school, what kind of workout routine would you recommend to someone who's a newbie to the gym?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia

@musicmaniac wrote
Well what if you've got a free gym membership from your school, what kind of workout routine would you recommend to someone who's a newbie to the gym?

Treadmill.
Those never fail, unless you set it to go too fast and you're really noob and can't keep up.
Or the elliptical, that one's pretty easy too.
Or try lifting some 5 lb weights. :)

It's really not hard to keep fit while still doing really well in school, it's just a matter of having the ability to manage your time.
You don't need to work out for 5 hours a day, unless you rock rock hard abs and arms the size of a watermelon.
Take out.. 30? minutes out of a day and go out for a job, maybe play some basketball with the neighbourhood kids in between your study time; your brain needs some fresh air after all those hours stuck inside studying.
Even walking to and from school is a decent amount of exercise if you do is regularly.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Reading this makes me feel very unfit. I think I shall go do a bit of a workout sometime soon :S
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cjengel cjengel
Yeah... I find exercise hard to squeeze in sometimes... so I try and make a point to walk whenever I can. whenever it's not minus thirty anyways. :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of yenstar yenstar
replace your computer/laptop chair with a balance ball. It strengthens and tones your core :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych
Even better, replace it with one of these...

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9_amg-Aos4[/url]
Was this helpful? Yes 0