yconic - getting into actuarial science
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

getting into actuarial science

A photo of RaCsO RaCsO
Hey,
I also applied to actuarial science when I was in grade 12.
For UofT, you can apply to the 'Physical and Mathematical Sciences' program, through which you can choose actuarial science.
I also applied at Western, and Waterloo.
For Waterloo, I applied to the 'Mathematics' program, through which you can also choose actuarial science.
I can't really remember what the program at western was labelled as, but I believe if you go to western, you get to go straight into actuarial science rather than going into it second year at waterloo.
Maybe if I can find my application sheet from ouac I'll let you know what math programs i applied to.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of APx APx
Hey,
I also applied to actuarial science when I was in grade 12.
For UofT, you can apply to the 'Physical and Mathematical Sciences' program, through which you can choose actuarial science.
I also applied at Western, and Waterloo.
For Waterloo, I applied to the 'Mathematics' program, through which you can also choose actuarial science.
I can't really remember what the program at western was labelled as, but I believe if you go to western, you get to go straight into actuarial science rather than going into it second year at waterloo.
Maybe if I can find my application sheet from ouac I'll let you know what math programs i applied to.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
For Waterloo, you apply to honours math and you will be able to select your major as early as 2nd year.
For Western, you apply to science and specialize in actuarial science (The option is available in OUAC).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of 100average 100average

@immaculatedx wrote
For Waterloo, you apply to honours math and you will be able to select your major as early as 2nd year.
For Western, you apply to science and specialize in actuarial science (The option is available in OUAC).

Just saw your signature. Why dont you still apply to DD at waterloo and laurier?
Was this helpful? Yes 0