yconic - Getting into Ivey after accepting AEO status
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Getting into Ivey after accepting AEO status

A photo of speedy48 speedy48
Hey so like a couple the people on this site I got AEO status but I'm still considering some other schools before accepting(waiting on QC and wondering if I should go to Laurier BBA and then transfer).

I know that UWO has tremendous school spirit and is considered a 'party' school which is awesome, but I'm slightly concerned that I'll get distracted. I want to make it to Ivey in my 3rd year for sure and I'm planning on taking BMOS in my first two years at UWO.

My question is, do any of you know how hard the BMOS program is (in terms of getting and maintaining and 80%+ average)? I've heard that the program is designed to fail students lol but I'm sure that's just a rumour.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of Chara Chara
I'm pretty sure it's a fairly easy program, relatively speaking of course, to keep an 80% in.
People do fail out of AEO status, I think around 20% of AEOs don't make it to Ivey (not really sure with that number), but the ones that don't either partied too much or just didn't meet the extracurricular requirements for AEO, I doubt there are many students that were genuinely hardworking in their first two years that lost their AEO status because of marks.
If you're smart enough to get AEO status you're smart enough to keep 80 in BMOS, just don't get overconfident and start slacking.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
I don't think you will be distracted by the parties if you know where to study and stuff. Let's be honest, all schools have parties...If you try hard, it won't be too difficult to maintain a 80%.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Serendipity Serendipity
I've heard that it isn't that hard. Just don't party every night until 4 (which may be difficult in Saugeen-Maitland) and you'll be fine.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of speedy48 speedy48
haha truuee, thanks:)
Was this helpful? Yes 0