yconic - Give me a blunt answer
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Give me a blunt answer

A photo of newguy1 newguy1
I applied to Western BMOS and Ivey AEO, Schulich BBa, Rottman, Engineering Science UofT and Scarborough Coop Management.

Realizing that Engineering Science is not a business path and taking in to account that I had a 91.5% average between four of my first semester final marks. Anticipating a greater overall mark compared to first for second semester mid terms.

As well as 150+ hours 4 years committment basketball club as coach, 3 years basketball team, 1 year track team, 1 year peer tutoring as my EC's.

How are my chance looking?

I only write in fear of not getting in any.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
11 replies

A photo of Haru Haru
I think you'll be competitive for the business programs. Your mark is decent and so are your ECs. I'm not sure about EngSci as I have not done any research on that program in particular. But for the business programs you've applied for, I'm almost 100% sure you'll get in since your avg is above cutoff for all of them.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jack555 Jack555
you will almost certainly get in rotman commerce, you could probably drop a few percent average and still get in

schulich very very very likely if you keep up that average

Western BMOS is like 80s average to get in, so you will get in that for suure

IVEY i dont know..maybe..you'd be competitive...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Thank you for the responses. I was curious why you have some doubt about Ivey.

If you could please elaborate it would be greatly appreciated.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mercenary mercenary

@newguy1 wrote
I applied to Western BMOS and Ivey AEO, Schulich BBa, Rottman, Engineering Science UofT and Scarborough Coop Management.

Realizing that Engineering Science is not a business path and taking in to account that I had a 91.5% average between four of my first semester final marks. Anticipating a greater overall mark compared to first for second semester mid terms.

As well as 150+ hours 4 years committment basketball club as coach, 3 years basketball team, 1 year track team, 1 year peer tutoring as my EC's.

How are my chance looking?

I only write in fear of not getting in any.

Schulich probably not (ur average is too near the cutoff and despite ur good ecs I'm pretty sure the 50-50 doesn't really hold as much value as they say it does)

I'd say ur a great candidate for Ivey and a shoe in for the rest
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jack555 Jack555
schulichs cut off last year was 90.5 and provided it hasnt changed this year hes 1% over the cutoff which is pretty siginficant

i said not sure about ivey because i think they take ECs and all that stuff into consideration more than schulich. you have a lot of sports as ECs but i dont know if athletics alone is enough to get into IVEY

they like to see student council, yearbook, etc
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Well ivey asked me for EC's from all four years and other activities, so I included more there than I did for schulich which only asks for the past two years.

As well for the poster 2 posts up, are you sure I might not make schulich? From what I've read my average as of now 91.5 and assumed 94+ average from mid terms this semester should yield me automatic acceptance.

I have also read on this site about people getting early acceptance to schulich with a 91 flat and pretty good EC's.

If anyone has any more opinions Im still very interested to hear them.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mercenary mercenary

@newguy1 wrote
Well ivey asked me for EC's from all four years and other activities, so I included more there than I did for schulich which only asks for the past two years.

As well for the poster 2 posts up, are you sure I might not make schulich? From what I've read my average as of now 91.5 and assumed 94+ average from mid terms this semester should yield me automatic acceptance.

I have also read on this site about people getting early acceptance to schulich with a 91 flat and pretty good EC's.

Lol I didnt read the 94+ part initially
Nvm
Was this helpful? Yes 0

So would you say Im fairly set if my top six yields over 93?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Thanks for the comments everyone, drop an opinion if you see this and got something to say please. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of NerdmobileDriver NerdmobileDriver

@newguy1 wrote

You wanted blunt, so here goes...
I think you've got a pretty good chance of acceptance to all of these programs, but I also think you already know that. I find it weird that you are looking for other people's opinions on whether or not they think you'll get in, but whenever someone says that you might not get in, you feel the need to convince them that you will, as you do above^. Now the question is, are you convincing others that you'll get in, or yourself...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@NerdmobileDriver wrote

You wanted blunt, so here goes...
I think you've got a pretty good chance of acceptance to all of these programs, but I also think you already know that. I find it weird that you are looking for other people's opinions on whether or not they think you'll get in, but whenever someone says that you might not get in, you feel the need to convince them that you will, as you do above^. Now the question is, are you convincing others that you'll get in, or yourself...

Aha probably, I find myself doing that a lot. Thanks for the bluntness :D

I see too many people on this website with much higher averages and start to worry.

Alright enough of this thread. Dont post here !
Was this helpful? Yes 0