yconic - Go to laurier without background info!!!?!????
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Go to laurier without background info!!!?!????

A photo of Dhama8482 Dhama8482
hey (new to this)

so i applied to economics and accounting at laurier and i brief background knownledge of accounting(grade 11)
and was not able to get into grade 12 accounting(full). is the accounting background i have enough? or should i take another semster to better preper myself. i dont
want to go into university and fail. i also heard that university is uptempo and alot of people fail because they didnt take accounting. is this true!?
also what is the differance from bba and economics in terms of accounting?

THANKS. first post just saying :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of CMA2014 CMA2014
That's absurd. They teach you from the basics. The only upside of having knowledge from before is you can skip your classes. As long as you understand debit/credit, you'll have an easy time.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@CMA2014 wrote
That's absurd. They teach you from the basics. The only upside of having knowledge from before is you can skip your classes. As long as you understand debit/credit, you'll have an easy time.

+ 1

@Dhama9482 wrote
i also heard that university is uptempo and alot of people fail because they didnt take accounting

Not much, you can still get your CA, CGA, or CMA. That means the same job in the end
Was this helpful? Yes 0