yconic - Go Vegetarian??
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Go Vegetarian??

A photo of fruitpunch9 fruitpunch9
Does anyone wanna be a vegetarian? Recently I have this weird thought of becoming a lacto-ovo vegetarian and I've also tried some veggie burgers~they're actually made of soy and don't taste like real meat
Was this helpful? Yes 0
20 replies

A photo of Nyx Nyx
I am vegetarian. It's not as bad as some people make it out to be, you CAN get all your nutrients from plants, and dairy and eggs. It's not weird either :P .You just need to make sure you eat food with protein in it, like beans, and not just carrots and celery all the time.

You can make veggie burgers out of potatoes and peas and stuff too. They're good :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
I'll eat stop eating animals when they stop being tasty.

Go for it, if you want to. Just don't be one of those people who give up after a a week or gets all grumpy when your friend orders chicken strips.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
Takes a lot of discipline and self-control. Good luck!
I love my meat.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mercenary mercenary
I tried loll my mma trainer got so cheesed when I told him.. It was kinda hard adjusting all the time ^so I just decided to eat less meat instead of going completely vegetarian and I lost a lot of weight (dropped from 195 to 185) And I'm still getting all the right nutrients :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
I'm slowly trying to make my way towards vegetarianism.
I stopped eating beef 4 years ago and I'm planning to cut off pork next year if I end up moving away from home for university.
I've had a veggie burger a few times before too.. they're actually quite tastier.. tastier than a chicken burger I think.. I can't say tastier than a hamburger though since I don't even know what a hamburger tastes like now.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of fruitpunch9 fruitpunch9

@cyynthiia wrote

I stopped eating beef 4 years ago and I'm planning to cut off pork next year if I end up moving away from home for university.

I rarely eat any pork now, and some people thought I was religious (ridiculous isn't it). I still like beef although some beef burgers are contaminated with drug-resistant bacteria
Sigh......it's hard to be a vegetarian
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
^
Yeah a lotta people thought I don't eat beef for religious reasons too haha.
I really wanna stop eating pork too but being Asian, it'd be super hard for my mom to cook since we eat all kinds of meat..
it's already difficult without beef since my sister LOVESSSS it.
I don't like seafood either so I try to stay away from that =/
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of andrewk512 andrewk512
ITT: People being difficult for the sake of being difficult.
Seriously, there are reasons to become vegetarian or to cut a certain protein out of your diet, not just because you 'don't like it' or 'feel like a change.'
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of pundeg pundeg
i'm vegetarian. i'm very happy this:compress: :colors: :bounce: :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Vegetarians are weird, unnatural people. You don't need to be like them.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx
^ It's a lifestyle choice. There's nothing weird or unnatural about it.

What I think is funny is that people accuse vegetarians of trying to convert others, when people like Army are just the opposite.

If you want to eat meat, then that's cool with me. Just don't make me eat it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CYYZ24ILS CYYZ24ILS
What's the point of this "lifestyle" choice?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx

@CYYZ24ILS wrote
What's the point of this "lifestyle" choice?

not eating meat...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@Nyx wrote

What I think is funny is that people accuse vegetarians of trying to convert others, when people like Army are just the opposite.

History says otherwise.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lychee lychee
I've been a vegetarian for about 5 years and I've been perfectly fine; many other foods have the same nutrients you need, and you're not actually supposed to eat as much meat as most people do. I never really liked the taste of meat, so it was pretty easy for me to stop eating it; my parents eat meat at pretty much every meal, and my boyfriend of 2 years is a meat eater, but I'm totally cool with that; it's a personal choice. There's also a lot of great vegetarian recipes out there to help you (if you have time to cook!)

Humans have evolved technologically and have enough resources to the point where we don't need to eat meat to survive; history can suck it
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LRooke LRooke

@Nyx wrote

Being a hippie pothead is a lifestyle choice as well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx
^ you have a problem with hippie potheads?

It's hilarious how being vegetarian is equated to being a hippie...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Stranger Stranger
I'm also a vegetarian. :cat:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted