yconic - Good GTA SAT class??
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Good GTA SAT class??

A photo of squirtlee squirtlee
Any suggestions/comments are appreciated! Thanks.

(Does anyone have experience with Ivy Global? It seems to be the first hit when googled)
(And I wasn't too sure where to post this, apologize for it being out of place.)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of uncharted1111 uncharted1111
Don't take a prep class. Just buy the prep book and work through it yourself.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Oh? I thought I was missing sth since my friends are all registered/taking classes already (although at seemingly random places).

Which books are the best? Kaplan? Princeton Review?

And what about seminars? Are those usually valuable or scams? My friend sent me a link to one he found from linked in:
http://www.eventbrite.com/event/1930928459/
Worth trying?? Anyone with US application experience to share I would REALLY be grateful.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Seems like a scam. Some schools have admissions info sessions in the GTA during the fall. Those would be a lot more valuable.

Get the official prep books since those have real practice tests. Also, if your science background is good you should also consider the ACT. I found it a lot easier to prep for and write than the SAT.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Hm, never really considered the ACTs, thanks for the tip.
Do you happen to remember which schools have info sessions? I'm pretty sure none in my area have held something like that.. I'd like to keep an eye out.

Thanks again!! If you dont mind .... are you studying in the US
Was this helpful? Yes 0

In the Fall of '09 I went to a session offered by Yale and another one that had people from Harvard, Princeton, Stanford, Brown, Columbia, Dartmouth, and UPenn all presenting together at once (both were in the downtown GTA). IDK if they're going to have any this year but you can find out online.

And I currently go to one of those schools lol.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Viking21 Viking21

@uncharted1111 wrote
In the Fall of '09 I went to a session offered by Yale and another one that had people from Harvard, Princeton, Stanford, Brown, Columbia, Dartmouth, and UPenn all presenting together at once (both were in the downtown GTA). IDK if they're going to have any this year but you can find out online.

And I currently go to one of those schools lol.

nice

what average did u have?
what were ur sat scores?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of canta93loupe canta93loupe

@squirtlee wrote
Any suggestions/comments are appreciated! Thanks.

(Does anyone have experience with Ivy Global? It seems to be the first hit when googled)
(And I wasn't too sure where to post this, apologize for it being out of place.)

I took an Ivy Global SAT prep course last year in the fall, and it was somewhat useful. They were really helpful in prepping me for the essay and the critical reading section, but for math, it was really just a general overview of grade 11 math.

What grade are you in? If you're in grade 11, you might as well just buy a book (Princeton and Barron's have the best prep books, in my opinion) and work through it. The best way to study for the SAT is to take as many practice tests as you can.
Was this helpful? Yes 0