yconic - Good Life Science Universities?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Good Life Science Universities?

A photo of Paridhi Paridhi
Hey guys,

So, I want to apply to three universities in ontario for Life Sci/ Biological Sciences. I've already decided to apply to UTSG, so which other Ontario universities are good for life sci or do you suggest I should apply to?
Whose Life Sci programs are better?

I'm thinking of McMaster as one, but I'm not sure. Please help! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

This post was deleted

A photo of kevinlated kevinlated
There is a good number of Universities that are strong in Life science.

McMaster, Uoft, Waterloo...Guelph and Western( have good biomedical programs but their life science/biological science program is also strong)
comes down to what your prefer, also if you are looking for co-op etc.
Don't forget about the city as well you will be spending ~4 years there.
good luck.

@Paridhi wrote
Hey guys,

So, I want to apply to three universities in ontario for Life Sci/ Biological Sciences. I've already decided to apply to UTSG, so which other Ontario universities are good for life sci or do you suggest I should apply to?
Whose Life Sci programs are better?

I'm thinking of McMaster as one, but I'm not sure. Please help! :)

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Paridhi Paridhi
Thank you! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of prabeast prabeast
I think "Life Sciences" is one of the strongest subjects overall for Ontario schools, I agree with the list kevinlated gave (Mac, Toronto, Waterloo, Guelph, and Western), but I wouldn't overlook Queen's, and maybe York, UOIT and Carleton as well.

It's tough to compare each of them -- so look at the other aspects of the school - the atmosphere, the culture, the extra-curriculars, etc. There really is no bad option between all those schools. If you want to get picky, start looking at some of the courses offered at each school to see what fits you the best. I know at Mac, there is a huge variety of Life Science courses, and many directions to specialize in (from bio+enviro double major to physiology) -- many students seem to like this.

I would even consider what your secondary interests are (ex. anthropology, French, economics), and see which schools offer strong programs for those as well, in case you want to do a combined major, a minor, or even take some elective courses.
Was this helpful? Yes 0