yconic - good supplementary major to go with Poly Sci?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

good supplementary major to go with Poly Sci?

A photo of Shomzie322 Shomzie322
Heya folks. I have applied to ottawa U, UTSG, mac and york for political science. I am wondering what a good major to do with political science would be. i intend to go to law school so my main purpose for poly sci is to have a good foundation for law but at the same time have a decent fall back if things don't follow through. My aptitudes and passions are pretty diverse with the only exception being math :P i can pull of high 80's- 90's in accounting and business sort of courses, but not anything that is hardcore math. I have seen people for example who have done poly sci and journalism and had a easier time getting into public relations in their opinion. So what sorts of majors could i combine with Poly Sci to get the most out of it?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of jubjubkiwi jubjubkiwi

@Shomzie322 wrote
Heya folks. I have applied to ottawa U, UTSG, mac and york for political science. I am wondering what a good major to do with political science would be. i intend to go to law school so my main purpose for poly sci is to have a good foundation for law but at the same time have a decent fall back if things don't follow through. My aptitudes and passions are pretty diverse with the only exception being math :P i can pull of high 80's- 90's in accounting and business sort of courses, but not anything that is hardcore math. I have seen people for example who have done poly sci and journalism and had a easier time getting into public relations in their opinion. So what sorts of majors could i combine with Poly Sci to get the most out of it?

I would suggest Economics -- but you said you didn't like hardcore math so it may not be of interest to you. Depending on what kind of politics you are interested in you could major in Canadian studies (if you like Canadian politics for example, Philosophy (political theory), any sort of regional politics (*insert region* studies) etc.

I think perhaps Criminology would be a program you would be interested. They offer the program at UTSG - not sure about other universities though.

Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0