yconic - Gotta Decide: AFM-FM or Laurier BBA
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Gotta Decide: AFM-FM or Laurier BBA

A photo of ChRoNiC ChRoNiC
Hard to make up my mind:(( Any suggestions on which I should choose?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
13 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Is money an issue for you? Which school environment do you prefer? Are you looking to become a CA? Would you prefer to take many electives or no electives in first year? Will you be living on rez? Which campus do you prefer? Are you Asian? Are you a guy?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ono ono
I am thinking the same question
but i'll think i'll stick with fm
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Hey Johnny, money is not too big of an issue; I prefer an environment that has the university feel to it (opposite of UTSC); Yes I'm looking to become a CA; I want to take a moderate amount of electives in first year; Yes, I'll be living on rez; Haven't seen inside the Laurier campus, but I'll probably like it, I liked the Waterloo one too, no i'm not Asian (I'm brown but that doesn't really fit with the conventional Asian, and I'm a guy.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ChRoNiC wrote
Hey Johnny, money is not too big of an issue; I prefer an environment that has the university feel to it (opposite of UTSC); Yes I'm looking to become a CA; I want to take a moderate amount of electives in first year; Yes, I'll be living on rez; Haven't seen inside the Laurier campus, but I'll probably like it, I liked the Waterloo one too, no i'm not Asian (I'm brown but that doesn't really fit with the conventional Asian, and I'm a guy.

Well, if money is not too big of an issue, Waterloo and Laurier begin on level playing fields...

"University feel"- Laurier has a more vibrant atmosphere, better parties, people enjoy themselves more, at Waterloo they are less social, but Laurier sometimes gets the "high school" comment, although on the same token Waterloo gets the "I went to a part at UW last night. It ended at 10:30. Seriously." jokes.

AFM has no electives in first year. Actually, I believe the only elective that you will take in AFM will be a language credit in second year (required), as all of your electives in other years will be used towards your specialization, especially if you are becoming a CA. At Laurier, you will have 2.5 non-business elective credits in 1st year (so usually 5 electives)

Waterloo's campus is bigger, Laurier's campus is more compact (nice to get to classes easily), and I wouldn't say one is better than the other (been to both campuses multiple times).

Laurier has way better girls ;)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of PSPman06 PSPman06
if i want to be a CA, should i go to laurier BBA or Queens?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

http://www.studentawards.com/Forum.aspx?g=posts&t=5666

'ono' is in the same situation as you

And this is from the post you made earlier
http://www.studentawards.com/Forum.aspx?g=posts&t=5612

I think by now you should be able to see the difference between these 2 programs and make your own decision. Remember that there will always be the positives and negatives.
Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JoeSmith JoeSmith

@johnnycanuck wrote

@ChRoNiC wrote

Well, if money is not too big of an issue, Waterloo and Laurier begin on level playing fields...

"University feel"- Laurier has a more vibrant atmosphere, better parties, people enjoy themselves more, at Waterloo they are less social, but Laurier sometimes gets the "high school" comment, although on the same token Waterloo gets the "I went to a part at UW last night. It ended at 10:30. Seriously." jokes.

AFM has no electives in first year. Actually, I believe the only elective that you will take in AFM will be a language credit in second year (required), as all of your electives in other years will be used towards your specialization, especially if you are becoming a CA. At Laurier, you will have 2.5 non-business elective credits in 1st year (so usually 5 electives)

Waterloo's campus is bigger, Laurier's campus is more compact (nice to get to classes easily), and I wouldn't say one is better than the other (been to both campuses multiple times).

Laurier has way better girls ;)

Just wondering, are there presentations for the courses at waterloo for first year
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of NuEra NuEra
i have the same problem, nooo idea which to chooose, financial wise, which program/school is less expensive?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@NuEra wrote
i have the same problem, nooo idea which to chooose, financial wise, which program/school is less expensive?

DEFINITELY Laurier, unless you are able to get good co-op jobs at Waterloo and none at Laurier.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Financial wise, Laurier is much better; the tuition for AFM goes up substantially.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Johnny where are you planning to go? Just curious:P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ChRoNiC wrote
Johnny where are you planning to go? Just curious:P

QC or AFM-PA

Just waiting on Fellowship + other scholarships before I make my decision.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mwfm2011 mwfm2011
AFM-FM
Was this helpful? Yes 0