yconic - GPA conversion.
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

GPA conversion.

A photo of imsyed imsyed
Just some thing interesting i came across.

a GPA conversion/Comparison scale for universities in Canada

The point here is that for universities like mcgill maintaining a better GPA seems to be "easier" as the percentage u have to score in class is lower.

What do you guys think ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of forthewinwin forthewinwin
75% for 3.3?%?%?

We need 80-84 to get 3.3 :|

But on the bright side, it looks like if I'm at UBC if I'm >90 I'm 4.33... I'm currently getting ~87% and that's only a 3.75 for me.. weee
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of imsyed imsyed
Haha. Well good for you.

Best of Luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Mar Mar

@forthewinwin wrote
75% for 3.3?%?%?

But on the bright side, it looks like if I'm at UBC if I'm >90 I'm 4.33... I'm currently getting ~87% and that's only a 3.75 for me.. weee

After transferring to UBC your GPA will get annulled. When you will graduate they will only use grades from UBC to calculate your GPA.

Edit: I could be wrong but thats what my friends told me after they transferred to SFU/UBC
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of forthewinwin forthewinwin

@Mar wrote

@forthewinwin wrote
75% for 3.3?%?%?

After transferring to UBC your GPA will get annulled. When you will graduate they will only use grades from UBC to calculate your GPA.

Edit: I could be wrong but thats what my friends told me after they transferred to SFU/UBC

Ah yeah, I was just giving myself some comfort knowing that 4.33 will be easier to obtain.

I heard something about that too, and even heard that it was mainly your last 2 years that mattered.. not sure though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0