yconic - GPA Needed for a transfet student to transfer to Macmaster Health science program - biochemistry????
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

GPA Needed for a transfet student to transfer to Macmaster Health science program - biochemistry????

A photo of rvangel rvangel
Can someone tell me ehats the gpa needed to transfer to Mcmaster health science program? currently i've got a 3.41, but i hoping to increase it next semester. I am a student from USA, and is in my 2nd year. i have already applied, but after seeing so many posts saying they take a 92+ average is freaking me out. I applied for waterloo and UOT too. Are they hard to enter as macmaster? and how is the waterloo life science program???
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
You need a minimum A- 1st year cumulative average. A- is a 3.7, so you'll need to bump up your average. Competition is very high for 2nd year transfers because they only take about ~20 each year.

http://fhs.mcmaster.ca/bhsc/admissionslevel2.html

Waterloo and U of T will be much easier to get into.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of rvangel rvangel
thanks :) do they check the science gpa or the overall gpa? and which science program is the best? uot. waterloo or mac?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
They look at your overall GPA, and you also have to submit a supplementary application by April 15th.

Mac health sci is very different from traditional science programs at Waterloo and U of T, so it really depends on your learning style. If you enjoy group work, self-directed and problem based learning (ie. rather than lectures, being given a trigger/problem and conducting your own research to learn material), then Mac health sci is a good option. But if you prefer traditional lecture-based programs where you go to class and are taught the information, or you hate working in groups, then Waterloo/U of T would be a better choice.
Was this helpful? Yes 0