yconic - GPA
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

GPA

A photo of future future
i need help calculating GPA.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of lvanderwoerd lvanderwoerd
try going to the website of your school... they usually have a GPA calculator. also you can simply try googling it :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of shannonannabel shannonannabel
a lot of schools do it differently - check your school's website or go to the registrar and ask.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Meridian Meridian
Useful site to understand University GPA's. :compress:

http://careers.mcmaster.ca/students/education-planning/virtual-resources/gpa-conversion-chart
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Love2travel Love2travel
It depends on the grade system used by your school. Some schools do have a GPA calculator that you can use. The letter grading system is slightly confusing, as different faculties (if you're taking a variety of courses) usually assign different percentage grades for each letter. It'd be best to talk to a career advisor for this, I'm guessing.

If you are given exact percentage grades for each class (this is the one that I actually know to do :D)- say you have 5 classes- just add up all 5 grades and then divide by 5. This is your average % grade. Multiply this number by 4, then divide by 100. That gives you your GPA.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Guidance counsellers are usually able to give you a GPA as well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
When asked for a "culmative GPA", what does it mean? Is is the culmative averages of your whole high school career, your last year's averages, or your prospective averages (i.e. the average you expect to have from all grade 12 courses)?
Was this helpful? Yes 0