yconic - Gr 11 Marks Question?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Gr 11 Marks Question?

A photo of SaugasFinest SaugasFinest
Ok, so my first sem gr 11 marks were TERRIBLE. I had Marketing, Engish, Art, And World History. I REALLY slacked off, I don't mean 65% or 70% average slacking off I mean as in late 50's slacking off. I did pretty badly on the summatives. This semester I'm doing pretty well (except for chem). I'm planning on getting an 80% average (I'm capable of it, and have gotten better before).

I prolly won't get accepted for early admissions, do I still have a shot at regular admissions?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
14 replies

A photo of MrRoboto MrRoboto
Yes. Regular admissions will be based on your grade 12 marks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of poeticallydemented poeticallydemented
Yep, everything from here on out is based on your grade twelve marks only.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych
Kill it next year, and you'll be fine.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jagseer Jagseer
I have a friend in a similar situation
He had 50s avg last year, but this year hes in high 80s and he already got some early acceptances to brock BAcc and a couple other programs
so dont worry and just be patient
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Alright thanks, guys. I was really getting worried... Are the averages higher or lower for regular admission/acceptance?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Jagseer wrote
I have a friend in a similar situation
He had 50s avg last year, but this year hes in high 80s and he already got some early acceptances to brock BAcc and a couple other programs
so dont worry and just be patient

Sick, really? That gave me a bit of hope!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
They're definitely lower for regular admission.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@cyynthiia wrote
They're definitely lower for regular admission.

Oh are they really? That's pretty awesome then, but I guess it would be better to still aim high if you're going for regular acceptance, right? I'm sorry, I'm asking a lot of silly question XD.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Haha it's not silly, I'm sure a lot of curious grade 11 students are wondering the same thing.
But yeah, it is lower, but it's not a LOT lower.
Early admission is usually 90+... regular admission is usually mid to high 80s.
So yes, it is still better to aim high.
:bball:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@cyynthiia wrote
Haha it's not silly, I'm sure a lot of curious grade 11 students are wondering the same thing.
But yeah, it is lower, but it's not a LOT lower.
Early admission is usually 90+... regular admission is usually mid to high 80s.
So yes, it is still better to aim high.
:bball:

OK, gotcha. That makes sense, I will aim high, but I messed up my first sem. I'm kinda pissed at myself right now. I'm gonna have to wait until maybe may of next year to see if I get accepted into diff uni's.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

You're still in grade 11, am I correct?
it's okay if you messed up your first semester, universities only look at your final grade 11 marks anyways.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@cyynthiia wrote
You're still in grade 11, am I correct?
it's okay if you messed up your first semester, universities only look at your final grade 11 marks anyways.

Yep, I am. By final do you mean second semester? Or just overall, cuz even if I get a 95 in errythang that won't change much. lol.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Well I don't go to a semestered school, nor do I go to an Ontario school, so I can't be 100% about this,
but I could assume your final accumulated average.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@cyynthiia wrote
Well I don't go to a semestered school, nor do I go to an Ontario school, so I can't be 100% about this,
but I could assume your final accumulated average.

Yeah I'd assume that that's how they calculate it. But, these marks won't bring my GPA to a 90. Lol. I'mma work my @ss of next year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0