yconic - Gr. 12 Accounting or Economics
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Gr. 12 Accounting or Economics

A photo of RedOrbit RedOrbit
which one of the above is easier?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
16 replies

A photo of brady23 brady23
I would like to know too.
Is it true that Accounting is easier to get a higher mark in (high 90s), but it's a lot of homework everyday versus Economics where you're likely to get a mark in the low-mid 90s, but it's less work?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
It depends on the teacher/school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of prefontaine prefontaine
I would highly suggest taking both as you will be forced to take similiar courses in first year (assuming you go into business). They both are also very easy courses (if you like business). I got a 99% in Accounting last semester and am currently sitting at a 100% in Economics.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Haru Haru
take ECON!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of QueensCommerceTyler QueensCommerceTyler
If you are thinking of going into a business program at university, taking both would be the best bet. In first-year university I took a full year of accounting and economics. Taking these courses in high-school definitely prepared me well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@QueensCommerceTyler wrote
If you are thinking of going into a business program at university, taking both would be the best bet. In first-year university I took a full year of accounting and economics. Taking these courses in high-school definitely prepared me well.

what type of work did you do in economics in high school?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

@Haru wrote
take ECON!

Reasons?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Haru Haru

@RedOrbit wrote

@Haru wrote
take ECON!

Reasons?

This is from a significantly biased point of view. I just like Econ more. Accounting and Econ have almost the same level of difficulty, but I just think Econ is a lot more interesting. It gives you a broad scope of the economy, analyzing market trends and what those numbers mean. As for accounting, the best part was at the end: financial analysis but the rest is really just a bunch of numbers. Then again, thats just my opinion.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I found accounting easier...It just makes sense how it works. Economics was a lot of memorization.

But take both because you'll have to learn both in university so a bit of background information on both will only help.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of QueensCommerceTyler QueensCommerceTyler

@RedOrbit wrote

@QueensCommerceTyler wrote

what type of work did you do in economics in high school?

In high school and first-year university I did both micro and macro. Taking it in high school first definitely helped.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of loveshackles loveshackles

@g93 wrote
It depends on the teacher/school.

this
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of loveshackles loveshackles

@BusinessStudent wrote
accounting- its much easier to get high 90s, like 99 or even 100. cuz its easier to understand, which means anyone can get it. as long as you work hard, you'll get the decent marks (but being good at memorization also helps)

econ is reallllly hard to get high 90s unless if youre naturally good at it cuz you do a lot of writing stuff that requires thinking.

also it depends ont he teacher. take courses where easy teachers teach. for example data management is actually SO ahrd for me but my teacher is AMAAZING therefore i took it and am getting a high 90 in it.

Data management is hard? Really? lols
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LeafsFan16 LeafsFan16
Take accounting, it's easier and the workload is soft. Econ isn't that hard either but there's lots of writing and memorization involved and you'll have to do stuff like essays, mind maps, etc, which is a pain in the ass because you're more likely to procrastinate.

It depends on the teachers, but my teacher for Accounting makes the course very simple and easy to understand, and each class he gives us an assigned question from the textbook after a relatively short lesson (longest ever was like 30 min), and we always manage to finish the work before the end of class. There is literally never any homework for accounting.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Matthew Matthew
For me personally, accounting was absolutely boring, and I found econ really interesting, although like most people have said, it comes to personal taste.
Was this helpful? Yes 0