yconic - Gr 12 accounting(BAT 4M) difficulty
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Gr 12 accounting(BAT 4M) difficulty

A photo of HCR HCR
How hard is gr.12 accounting?

I've heard it was really hard from some people and others say that it's basically gr.11 review with added stuff.

Was this helpful? Yes 0
45 replies

A photo of g93 g93
It will probably depend on your school and teacher.

I found Grade 11 to be very repetitive, just journal entries, trial balances, balance sheets, income statements over an dover and over. Grade 12 you just skip over that stuff in the questions (although there is some journal entries still, and the odd bs/is). But you worry less about little things like that and posting to the leadger. Grade 12 may have some more difficult concepts, but I wouldn't say its too bad. The summative we had for Grade 12 was pretty cool too.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of HCR HCR

@g93 wrote

I found Grade 11 to be very repetitive, just journal entries, trial balances, balance sheets, income statements over an dover and over. Grade 12 you just skip over that stuff in the questions (although there is some journal entries still, and the odd bs/is). But you worry less about little things like that and posting to the leadger. Grade 12 may have some more difficult concepts, but I wouldn't say its too bad. The summative we had for Grade 12 was pretty cool too.

Our teacher is a really nice guy who teaches pretty good and he'll help you out until you understand.

In terms of the work, is it hard or what?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@HCR wrote

@g93 wrote

Our teacher is a really nice guy who teaches pretty good and he'll help you out until you understand.

It's definitely harder, but Gr 11 is your first time doing accounting, so I think it balances out. Same work is probably required to get the same mark (you could get away with doing less, but to be able to get the same mark you will need to put in more effort). Bigger range of concepts. More studying for the 12 exam than the 11 (don't remember doing any studying for the 11 exam :colors:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of onlymatthew onlymatthew

@g93 wrote

doing accounting, so I think it balances out.

YOU SLY DOG

I've heard that gr12 accounting is a fair deal harder, but still pretty reasonable in comparison to some other courses...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of HCR HCR

@g93 wrote

@HCR wrote

@g93 wrote

It's definitely harder, but Gr 11 is your first time doing accounting, so I think it balances out. Same work is probably required to get the same mark (you could get away with doing less, but to be able to get the same mark you will need to put in more effort). Bigger range of concepts. More studying for the 12 exam than the 11 (don't remember doing any studying for the 11 exam :colors:

I got a 76 mid term without studying and usually playing PSP whenever we took notes then I dropped to a 68 only because this one guy moved beside me and was a big distraction so nothing was really being done.

I assume if I put work in, I can get an 80 or so. Seem realistic or no?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
Wait... is that Grade 11 or 12?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of HCR HCR

@g93 wrote

Gr 11. I got those marks without much studying really and basically watching youtube whenever we used the computer.

With work, would an 80 be reasonable considering the marks I got?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@HCR wrote

@g93 wrote

Gr 11. I got those marks without much studying really and basically watching youtube whenever we used the computer.

Attainable? yes.

Easy? No. Not overly difficult, but not easy.

In Grade 12 I was way more distracted, so I did less work than in Grade 11 and my marks were low for awhile. I pulled them up and should end up 3% lower at the worst, but probably 1% lower or the same.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of HCR HCR

@g93 wrote

@HCR wrote

@g93 wrote

Attainable? yes.

In Grade 12 I was way more distracted, so I did less work than in Grade 11 and my marks were low for awhile. I pulled them up and should end up 3% lower at the worst, but probably 1% lower or the same.

I think I can do it if the material is almost the same. Some people tell me they teach completely new things from day 1 and others tell me its review from gr 11 half the time with just added stuff.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@HCR wrote

@g93 wrote

@HCR wrote

@g93 wrote

Attainable? yes.

I think I can do it if the material is almost the same. Some people tell me they teach completely new things from day 1 and others tell me its review from gr 11 half the time with just added stuff.

I think it will depend on the school and the teacher. Try asking people who have taken it at your school and the teacher, and they should be able to tell you difficulty and content.

I found that the Grade 11 stuff we covered in two weeks, after that you had to have it down pat because everything was much more advanced than that, but not too difficult to get the hang of.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of saber33 saber33
I feel that the entire Grade 11 accounting course could be covered in a week, so I don't think you'll miss much if you slacked off.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@saber33 wrote
I feel that the entire Grade 11 accounting course could be covered in a week, so I don't think you'll miss much if you slacked off.

That is also true.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jimz Jimz
Lol is this a serious question
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
TBH, it's not that hard. If you understood Gr 11 accounting, you should be fine in Gr 12. There aren't that many changes, but there is alot to cover.. I'm getting an 95, but that's because are teacher lets us use chapter notes :P But they rarely help anyways so it doesn't matter.

Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Blargg Blargg
Grade 12 accounting sucked because I had a horrible teacher. All he does is tell us to read the text book and do questions. No lessons.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of zhrvssll13 zhrvssll13
if you got a 75% in grade 11, whats a reasonable mark to expect for grade 12?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@zhrvssll13 wrote
if you got a 75% in grade 11, whats a reasonable mark to expect for grade 12?

It will really depend on your school and your teacher, as ome schools Gr 12 will be very similar to Gr 11, some schools everything is easy, some evrything is hard, some schools make Gr 12 much more difficult than Grade 11, some teachers are easy, some aren't...

If you were at my school, I would say a 70. But with a bit more work, I think a 75 would be easily attainable. An 80 could be fairly difficult, but not unreasonable (although you could drop considerably too).

But try to talk to people at your school and ask the teacher how it differs content-wise from Gr 11. That will be your best bet :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of noble11 noble11
@op,

At my school gr 12 accounting is basiclly a review of the entire gr 11 course for 4/5 of the year. Only new concepts involved are partnerships/corporations/dividends etc. The journal entries use the same fundamentals only now slightly wordier questions and a bit more thinking. I jus wrote the exam today, and it was the easier than any test we had throughout the year. :D.

So to answer your question, 80 is very attainable. Just do a bit of review, pay attention during class and do the necessary hw and u should be good to go.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
It all depends on who your teacher is and whether or not you actually pay attention to what they said and do the work. Then you"ll be good to go.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of IanSharer IanSharer

@Blargg wrote
Grade 12 accounting sucked because I had a horrible teacher. All he does is tell us to read the text book and do questions. No lessons.

This is exactly like my teacher! He basically told us the pages to read and assigned us questions. If anyone has questions, he'd point to his answer book. If he would've given me the answer book and the required chapters, I could have probably learnt the entire course myself (I pretty much did anyhow).

Also, we summed up the entire grade 11 course within the first three weeks. The rest, while easy concepts, is new.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iDream iDream
the first 3-4 weeks are basically review from grade 11
it gets harder and harder as u progress through the course

i found gr 12. accounting a lot harder then advance functions and calculus. I managed to get mid 80s in accounting cuz i did pretty good on all the essays and presentations...however did very bad on the tests and failed the final exam lol

i'd recommend you do participate in the ICAO competition aswell :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@iDream wrote
i'd recommend you do participate in the ICAO competition aswell :)

Did you write it? How was it?

I signed up for a student membership or whatever, and am just aiting for the application for coin to be up (I am assuming you are talking about coin :compress: )
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of FallenOrchid FallenOrchid
Gr.11 was essentially bookkeeping, which meant that it was a lot easier.

Gr. 12 is harder in the sense that you have more principles to memorize and apply in your assignments. As stated by the other members, it really does depend on the teacher, but I had to present and justify more business simulations/problems within the Gr.12 course.

You should couple this course with Economics. The two courses crossed over a lot for me.
Was this helpful? Yes 0