yconic - Gr.11 Hard courses advice
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Gr.11 Hard courses advice

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Hey there,

This semester I have : Functions ( U level)
Physics ( U level)
Philosophy( M level)
English ( U level)

I think my course load is not balanced :( I can't change anything now :( I need some advie on how to ace these courses?

I am bad at math, which means I need to put in max effort to be atleast an avg student.

I really need advice on how to handle these courses. How to focus and manage stress.

Any advice is greatly appreciated :)

Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of s1995 s1995
Wow, me and you are in the same situation ! http://www.studentawards.com/Forum.aspx?g=posts&t=9205
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jelly jelly
Why are you taking physics if you are bad at math..? If you're struggling, just do all your homework and study, there's no much you can really do. Get a tutor if you really need to. Your schedule is fine... philosophy is probably a bird course. None of the grade 11 courses are insanely hard.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of superstar2011 superstar2011

@bluebeach23 wrote
Hey there,

This semester I have : Functions ( U level)
Physics ( U level)
Philosophy( M level)
English ( U level)

I think my course load is not balanced :( I can't change anything now :( I need some advie on how to ace these courses?

I am bad at math, which means I need to put in max effort to be atleast an avg student.

I really need advice on how to handle these courses. How to focus and manage stress.

Any advice is greatly appreciated :)

I've personally survived Functions, Physics and English in one grade 11 semester (along with Grade 12 accounting). It definitely was tough, and the textbooks were extremely heavy (with all my books, binder, lunch bag, utensils, etc., my bag weighed approximately 19 pounds on average and 23 pounds at most). One thing that helps you out is trying to visualize the situation before attacking a problem. That usually gives you a better idea of what your solution should be like. Don't try to do all the homework if you really can't; focus on the important questions. Since English depends on your teacher, I can't tell you exactly how tough that will be.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I personally struggled a bit with Functions because I slacked off terribly in grade 10. Despite that, I ended up with a considerably high mark. Just do your homework and pay attention to the lesson. Go beyond the assigned work and try to look up some exercises online.

For English, there's not much to prepare honestly. The only thing i would advice is to get to know your teacher. In my school, we have a teacher that focuses on nothing but details and one that want students to look at the big idea. Again, pay attention in class and take note of what kind of questions your teacher asks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of charlotteliza charlotteliza
I found that the jump between grade 10 and 11 math is smaller than the jump between 9 and 10. You redo a lot of the parabola stuff. And depending on your teacher, you can get a decent mark in physics by just memorizing the formulas and plugging the numbers in. Work on the concepts after.
Was this helpful? Yes 0