yconic - Gr.12 Physics - do I need it or not?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Gr.12 Physics - do I need it or not?

A photo of ace789 ace789
So my plans are to go into medicine - either a pediatrician for humans or a vet (still not sure). I got a good mark in physics this year, but I really don't want to take it next year! I've done some research and there are so many answers - either yes take it or no you don't need it in Gr. 12. Some programs also say it's an optional credit to have to get in. I want to focus more on biology for an undergrad too. So would it be advisable to take Gr. 12 physics? Is it something I really need for here I want to go?

Thank you!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

This post was deleted

A photo of DntMessWitRohan DntMessWitRohan
What ^^ said. I would highly suggest you take it, it will help you build onto your Physics foundation and it can't hurt!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aquarius aquarius

@ace789 wrote
So my plans are to go into medicine - either a pediatrician for humans or a vet (still not sure). I got a good mark in physics this year, but I really don't want to take it next year! I've done some research and there are so many answers - either yes take it or no you don't need it in Gr. 12. Some programs also say it's an optional credit to have to get in. I want to focus more on biology for an undergrad too. So would it be advisable to take Gr. 12 physics? Is it something I really need for here I want to go?

Thank you!

If you are good at Physics and don't want to take it then don't. A relative of mine did not do Grade 12 Physics but did the prep MCAT course ( a lot of grade 11 Physics) and is now in Western doing medicine. Basically if you are good at it then you should not have any problem understanding it later when you do the prep course. Furthermore, not all major schools is listing Physics as a pre req unlike Bio and Chem.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
No, I never took grade 12 physics. I took the MCAT and did average on the physical sciences section, but I still did better than on the biological sciences section even though I took years of bio/anat&phys courses and traditionally bio is my strength whereas physics is hard for me. Honestly, the courses you take in school before the MCAT don't really help, it's moreso about your MCAT prep (whether you take a prep course or self-teach from a course).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ace789 ace789
Ok thanks so much everyone this definitely helped!
Was this helpful? Yes 0