yconic - Grab the nearest book to you...
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Grab the nearest book to you...

A photo of Blargg Blargg
Turn to the 15th page.
Locate the 5th sentence.
Post the sentence here.

Remember, the book has to be the closest book to where you are now. Not your favourite book, the nearest one to you. This is just a random little game.

You can post the author and title of the book if ya want.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
86 replies

A photo of Blargg Blargg
Here's mine:

It is, of course, exactly this unreliability among observers that stage conjurors exploit with their techniques of deliberate distraction.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jllama jllama
Rechargeable Battery Recycling Corporation - Call 2 Recycle Program

Phone book!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
"Aside from the piano, Kim had been able to pack his belongings into a single box, and it had taken less than half an hour to put everything in place."

From The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks.
:)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Goggles Goggles
Here's Mine:
"Members of a group loyal to a condemned seditionist were at risk, and Mark probably hoped to persuade those outsiders who might read his account that neither Jesus nor his followers offered any threat to Roman order."
-The Origin Of Satan By Elaine Pagels
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mackness mackness
Male and female, everyone appeared to be talking at the same time so the band at the far end of the ballroom could only be heard on occasional snatches.

April Fool's Day
Bryce Courtenay
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
Clonal selection of lymphocytes is the single most important principle in adaptive immunity.

(Janeway's Immunobiology 7th ed)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Stranger Stranger
"If we use cocaine, we may be given pleasure, to be sure, but we will also suffer pain as a result of doing so."
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KFoster KFoster
Alfalfa: a plant of the pea family, used for fodder, pasture, and as a cover crop.
From Webster's New World Dictionary..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of andrewk512 andrewk512
"Each religion works to lessen suffering and contribute to the world; conversion is not the point."
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion

@ChemistryTextbook wrote
Those that come from definitions, such as 12 in = 1 ft, and those that come from a direct count, such as the number of people in a room, have no uncertainty and are called exact numbers.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MoyenneFleur MoyenneFleur
this is my mom's library book:

"This bile accumulates and ascends to the eyes, forming the vitreous and aqueous humors, which nourish the pupil and provide good vision."
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of TWilliams TWilliams
"Bien, tù y yo decimos la misma cosa."

Buen Viaje Spanish textbook
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jschuster jschuster
"Like most boys, I started to care about other things: sports and girls and cars and the music, primarily, and by fourteen, I was spending little time at home."
Dear John
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych
Your memorialist respectfully asks attention in your legislative capacity to a subject embracing the welfare of a numerous and fast-increasing class of your fellow-citizens who, through want of appropriate care under the access of a terrible malady, are in many instances suffering severe hardships and aggravated miseries, and who are not only in bondage to a disqualifying physical illness preventing the right use of those functions through which the mind finds expression, but in not unfrequent cases are subject to the outward bondage of cords and straps, chains and fetters, incarcerated in filthy, unventilated apartments, cold, comfortless huts and cabins, and in dreary cells and dungeons; not seldom fed and sheltered with less care than the brutes, and pariah-like, cast beyond the pale of respect, affection and sympathy.

Whew.

Abnormal Psychology, Canadian Edition.
Gerald C. Davison, John M. Neale, Kirk R. Blankenstein, Gordon L. Flett.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SNHigginsss SNHigginsss
British Isles Vital Records Index: England, Ireland, Scotland, and Wales.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Physical Chemistry 2nd Ed.
Thomas Engel and Phillip Reid
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx
"Hardly the attitude of someone whose ultimate ambition is to return to Warsaw as the first Polish ambassador" - the prodigal daughter, jeffrey archer
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of 311 311
Another widely used Internet service is e-mail or electronic mail, which is the sending and receiving of messages and computer files over a communications network, such as a LAN or the Internet.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of izumiisa izumiisa
There are side reactions in which unwanted substances are produced.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Newki Newki
"It may be a corruption of a bobcat or a mixture of respect for the qualities of both the bear and the big cats of the wild."

Cold As a Bay Street Banker's Heart

By Chris Thain
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of klippeal klippeal
"this is my time to shine and prove that I am capable and focused enough to minimize distractions and lose the weight"
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AmyH AmyH
"Some people will tell you the old live in the past - that's nonsense". (Laurence, 5)

The Stone Angel Margaret Laurence, 1964
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KPerreault KPerreault
"in the dead-end circle, reaching out for me."
Crank by Ellen Hopkins
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of GuruBlathers GuruBlathers
"Once you have the required spinal fluid (the source does not matter), you can begin the feeding; be careful as it is now probably very hungry and may try to feed off your own spine."

-Caring for Weasels vol 2
Was this helpful? Yes 0