yconic - Grad School in Europe
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Grad School in Europe

A photo of Ava Ava
I am interested in completing a master's program in Europe, preferably in political science/international relations. I would like to apply to universities that are not too expensive and a program that is relatively easy to get into and complete, and I would like the language of instruction to be English. Anyone have any suggestions?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of ktel ktel

@Ava wrote
I would like to apply to universities that are not too expensive and a program that is relatively easy to get into and complete

So you want to get into an easy and non-competitive grad school? Have fun getting a degree from a worthless institution
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Ava Ava
Note the word "relatively" ! FYI: I got into LSE for grad school but can't go this year due to financial difficulties, hence I'm looking for schools with lower reputations, which might be cheaper.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
I would caution you about going that route. Reputation can be a pretty big deal for grad school, and you could essentially just be wasting your money by going to a "lower" institution, even if it is cheaper. Why the focus on Europe? Have you applied for SSHRC?

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Ava Ava
I know, initially I was willing to pay the high tuition and living expenses using loans but a lot of my profs and colleagues advised me against it. The last thing I wanted was to graduate from a master's program with a huge debt and no job, so I didn't go this year. I still don't know if LSE would have been worth it. Why Europe? I don't know, I've always wanted to go to Europe for grad school and I did my bachelor's at UofT, so I want to try something different. I'm still open to applying to Canadian/American schools. I have not applied for SSHRC.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
Yeah I'm an advocate for funded or at least cheap graduate degrees. You probably made the right choice. Try to apply for SSHRC, that could help your situation immensely. Otherwise I know nothing about polisci
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Ava Ava
When it comes to grad schools (at least for the programs I'm applying to), cheapness and good reputation can sometimes be mutually exclusive, which is why I am now looking for mid-reputation schools... I will look into SSHRC, but would I be eligible if I haven't started grad school yet?
Thanks for your replies!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
Yes, SSHRC can and should be applied for before you start grad school. It's the same as NSERC, which I applied for this year (in my last year of undergrad)
Was this helpful? Yes 0