yconic - Grade 11 and 12 accounting?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Grade 11 and 12 accounting?

A photo of gassergasser gassergasser
Hey future business people, I am currently in grade 11 and I want to apply to business administration and accounting programs next year. So recently my school offers the grade 11 and 12 accounting courses, since accounting is a career I am considering, I'm wondering if I should take both these courses in grade 12. Do you recommend I do this, do universities care about them?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of g93 g93
Typically you see "Grade 12 accounting is not required, but is recommended" something along the lines of that (on the university websites)

I would highly recommend you takle Grade 12 accounting. I am not sure if that means that you need to take Grade 11. You could probably get by fine in Grade 12 without Grade 11. I would say if your average is above maybe 85 you probably wouldn't have troubles as a generalization. But I would recommend both.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BudsFan94 BudsFan94
the pre requisite for grade 12 accounting is grade 11 accounting.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of username101 username101

@BudsFan94 wrote

Thats what i thought too... until a few ppl in my class came to Grade 12 accounting wthout grade 11
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BAcc2015 BAcc2015

@BudsFan94 wrote

Yup it is pre-req!

I didn't take either and I had to work a lot harder than my friends who had taken it. Try to get into the Grade 12 Accounting class if you can, it'll help you a LOT in first-year financial accounting.
Was this helpful? Yes 0