yconic - Grade 11 and U of T/Mcmaster acceptances
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Grade 11 and U of T/Mcmaster acceptances

A photo of radcircles radcircles
I've just completed first semester of grade 11 and ended up with downright horrible marks. First semester average was just 81%. This was mainly due to lack of effort, and the fact that I had to deal with all three sciences and functions this semester. I am wondering will this have any effect on university acceptances to either U of T or Mcmaster? Also, do universities look at your second semester grade 11 marks and your grade 12 marks or your whole grade 11 year plus grade 12 first semester for acceptances? Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Just remember that these are only your grade 11 marks. Schools will look at those for early acceptance, seeing as you will not have all of your grade 12 prerequisites. Schools will make final decisions based on your Grade 12 semester 2 midterms. So don't sweat it too much :)

Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I wish, I took all three science and functions in the same semester, so those are my pre-requisites/:@: :@: :bounce: :bounce:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I wish, I took all three science and functions in the same semester, so those are my pre-requisites/:@: :@: :bounce: :bounce:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

btw what was ur grade 11/12 average
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kathleenUofT kathleenUofT

@radcircles wrote
I've just completed first semester of grade 11 and ended up with downright horrible marks. First semester average was just 81%. This was mainly due to lack of effort, and the fact that I had to deal with all three sciences and functions this semester. I am wondering will this have any effect on university acceptances to either U of T or Mcmaster? Also, do universities look at your second semester grade 11 marks and your grade 12 marks or your whole grade 11 year plus grade 12 first semester for acceptances? Thanks!

Hi there,
An 81% average is not horrible at all. The only time a university should be looking at your grade 11 marks would be if you are missing a grade 12 prerequisite for your program, and the grade 11 marks will be used as an indication of capabilities. However, if you receive all your grade 12 prerequisite marks that are within the programs cutoff average you will receive an offer of admission.

With that being said, I am a third year student at the university of Toronto, and I’d just like to say that I hope you choose to study here for your post-secondary degree. I really enjoy my experience here and I hope you choose to book a campus tour to visit our school if you haven’t done so already!!
http://discover.utoronto.ca/connect/campus-tours
Was this helpful? Yes 0