yconic - Grade 11 Classes Taken in Grade 10
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Grade 11 Classes Taken in Grade 10

A photo of kaloolah kaloolah
If I apply for early admission, I know that I will have to send in my grade 11 marks. However, does that include grade 11 courses that I took in grade 10?

In grade 10 I pretty much slacked off. I did take three grade 11 courses, though. Physically active lifestyle(91), biologie (89) and advanced math ([size=9]76[/size]).

So far I have achieved far better marks in the grade 11 courses that I am taking now (in grade 11), along with the grade 12 classes that I am taking.

I would really like to know if universities would see that 76 if I applied for early admission.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
21 replies

A photo of Kargo93 Kargo93
It doesn't matter when you take it
They will see all your gr11 and 12 marks..

It doesn't matter anyways..
If you want just do it in summer school. If it really bothers you
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
Yes it does. It doesn't matter if you take then in grade 10 or 11, they will see your marks for every grade 11 COURSE you took.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Qq Qq
Wow..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
Just retake it if you're so worried.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cosstickxx cosstickxx
I honestly don't get why everyone is so worried about early admission. Yes, I'm sure its nice to know early where you're going... but in the end does it really matter WHEN you get accepted
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
I took 4 grade 11 classes before grade 11 and the marks all show up on OUAC.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of joeylee18 joeylee18
Like everyone said, they will see your grade 11 marks no matter when you took them.

If you're thinking about re-doing them, some schools take the average of the two marks while others take the higher mark of the two. It depends on the school, so go on their websites. I know that both McMaster and Western take the higher mark.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Studentsucess1 Studentsucess1
Can someone explain what early admission is? And also do universities look at the type of courses you take in your top six best courses when you apply to a certain university program?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@Studentsucess1 wrote
Can someone explain what early admission is? And also do universities look at the type of courses you take in your top six best courses when you apply to a certain university program?

Depending on the program and the university, they will send out an offer to you early, based on your Grade 11 marks if they are very high for the program. If you don't get early admission, they will re-evaluate you later with your Grade 12 marks during regular admissions. Some programs have already sent out early admission offers, some do it later, some don't even give early admission.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Krish Krish
the universities would see that mark if it is grade 11
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of GypsyHeart GypsyHeart
I'm confused about early admission. Does it cost more or is it just for the peace of mind?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of saber33 saber33
Why would you even think that early admission would cost you more money?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of hockey hockey
I agree grade 11 and twelve marks are the only ones they will see...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This question was answered a long time ago.

Thanks guys!

/end thread.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
^ This is the price of the contest.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Tayla Tayla
i took grade 11 english in grade 10. the teacher did not approve and it showed. made for a painful semester. i know this is not helpful information.

does anyone know how i can get a profile pic?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion

@Tayla wrote

does anyone know how i can get a profile pic?

lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Zion wrote
^ This is the price of the contest.

+ 1
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nikkishuvera nikkishuvera
yes! i just applied for early admission as well and they will look at your grade 11 marks no matter if you took them in grade 10 or whatever.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nikkishuvera nikkishuvera
yes! i just applied for early admission as well and they will look at your grade 11 marks no matter if you took them in grade 10 or whatever.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CaliLeung CaliLeung
*skipped all the other replies*
Yep! They'll see the grade 11 marks you got in grade 10, it's basically just a list of all the courses you've taken at the grade 11 and 12 level (not year).
Trust me, I took Functions (11) and Data Management (12) in grade 10 and they both showed up on my list on OUAC.
However, it will show what year you took it in, though it shouldn't matter too much, on the contrary, it might even help you since they might feel that you're a fairly proactive student who takes courses in advance.
Was this helpful? Yes 0