yconic - grade 11 marks
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

grade 11 marks

A photo of business09 business09
hey,

Do universities look at grade 11 marks just for early acceptance? if you do not get an

early acceptance, do they not look at grade 11 marks at all??
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of g93 g93
Grade 11 marks only matter for early acceptance. If they suck they will wait for your Grade 12 marks. Some programs such as Laurier or any of the programs requiring 70s or 80s averages you can get early acceptance to once you apply. A program like Queen's will look at your Grade 12 first semester and 2nd semester midterm marks. Same for Waterloo AFM, although AFM looks at some of your Grade 11 marks for invites to the AFMAA.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of PaperPen PaperPen
In addition to what g93 said, for early acceptance, if you fast-tracked any of your courses, universities also look at any completed grade 12 courses.

Honestly, in the grand scheme of things, unless you're planning to apply to the US (who look at your entire high school transcript and SAT scores) or super selective programs, just doing well in your grade 12 marks should be enough to get into most programs.

However, if you're averaging like an 80 in grade 11, don't expect your grade 12 average to be a 95+. Be realistic about what you think you can achieve, and apply within, and above that (since you might get lucky).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of unigirl123101 unigirl123101

@PaperPen wrote
In addition to what g93 said, for early acceptance, if you fast-tracked any of your courses, universities also look at any completed grade 12 courses.

Honestly, in the grand scheme of things, unless you're planning to apply to the US (who look at your entire high school transcript and SAT scores) or super selective programs, just doing well in your grade 12 marks should be enough to get into most programs.

However, if you're averaging like an 80 in grade 11, don't expect your grade 12 average to be a 95+. Be realistic about what you think you can achieve, and apply within, and above that (since you might get lucky).

+1

My high gr 11 marks got me lots of earlies...but not in any programs I wanted to go to :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0