yconic - GRADE 11 STUDENT IN NEED!!!!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

GRADE 11 STUDENT IN NEED!!!!

A photo of BudsFan94 BudsFan94
Hi im currently in Grade 11 and next years course selection is starting to become difficult and I cant turn to my guidance coucillor since she has Bi-Polar.

Im looking to get into a reputable business school next year and I have a few questions.

What average would I need to get to get admitted into a good school?
Is it good to take ENG4U(english) in summer school?
Should I take FSF4U(french) even though im about an 85% student in that course or should I take World Issues which is a course I know I can get atleast a 90% in?
Will a french certificate from high school REALLY make a difference?

If all goes well my courses should look like

Summer: ENG 4U

Regular School:
HZT 4U (Philosophy)
MCV4U (Calc&Vectors)
MHF4U (Functions)
CLN 4U (Law)
CPW 4U (Politics)
IDC 4U (Financial Securities)
CIA 4U (Economics)
CGW 4U (World Issues)

THINGS TO NOTE:
* I CAN NOT DROP PHILOSOPHY BECAUSE ITS MY RELIGION CREDIT
* IM LOOKING AT BEING A CORPORATE LAWYER IN THE FUTURE

Any help is appreciated. Thank you and God Bless
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of businessgleek businessgleek
You probably need a high 80 to 90 for a good school.
I would definitely recommend taking English in summer school.
Most likely to get a high mark (& you won't be worrying about it during the school year).
I don't know if French really helps, but I'm sure it will.
It's always good to know another language, especially one of the country's official languages.
All the other subjects look good.
Good luck in the future :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lemony lemony
Take French! Remember: schools only look at your top six, and two or three of those have to be English and maths. They might never end up looking at that French credit anyway. But being able to speak French is another skill.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LampShade LampShade
From what I remember, isn't FSF4U regular academic french? If so, you will not get a certificate and even if you get an ''immersion certificate'', in the future you will have to take an exam to prove your french proficiency, so the certificate won't really mean much.

If you just want to get into a ''reputable'' business school and you have some troubles getting 90s, go for the easier courses. Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
Finance was a great course and opened up a new perspective for me - Don't drop it (Provided your teacher knows anything about higher level finance)

I wouldn't advise English in Summer School - just drop politics or world issues
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
^
I concur.
I think taking English over the summer is so much easier.
It's so much easier to get a higher mark since there is less work that needs to be done over the summer.
But this can't be said for everyone, you would have to be a pretty strong English student to be able to handle the workload.
Constant essays to write and novels/plays to read.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted