yconic - Grade 11/12 Physics(SPH3U/SPH4U) discussions
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Grade 11/12 Physics(SPH3U/SPH4U) discussions

A photo of brady23 brady23
This is a thread for the discussion about grade 12 physics(AP and Non AP). General discussions about the course, specific questions, studying guides, strategies etc can all be posted here.

Here is the Grade 11 Ontario Curriculum:

1. Kinematics
2. Forces
3. Energy
4. Sound
5. Electricity & Magnetism

Here is the Ontario Curriculum for this course:
1. Motion and Dynamics(New Materials: Projectiles, Forces/Motion with Vectors, Circular Motion/Centripetal Force)
2. Energy and Momentum
3. Electric and Magnetic Fields
4. Wave nature of light
5. Special relativity and Quantum Mechanics

For those who finished this course, which unit do you think is the easiest? hardest? general comments? How does grade 11 compare to grade 12?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of CoralVenus CoralVenus
I will take physics 11 in summer school this year, do you think summer school physics will be easier or harder than regular one or they are pretty much the same?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
Already finished both, but I'm retaking phys 12.

The curriculum where I live (BC) is pretty different than the east coast.
We learn light and special relativity in grade 11 and then electricity and magnetism in grade 12. Very odd...

I think the easiest unit for me was Dynamics/Forces/Motion and Electric Fields.
I didn't find any units too toooo challenging, you just have to know the concept to be able to apply it. I think the most challenging, though, was kinematics... I have no idea why. ;S
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of blackjack blackjack
I think the curriculum for ontario grade 11 and 12 physics is really stupid and slow. I mean you basically learn whatever you learned in grade 11 again in grade 12. (ex. projectile motion is exactly the same as gr 11 except you throw at an angle) I think they should put all the kinematics together in one year and not do it again the next year and same for every other unit.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Haru Haru
SPH4U exam next week! KILL ME! AFter this, no more physics for the rest of my life! BOOYAH
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of wu wu

For gr 11, projectile motion was the easiest for me.(99% on unit test)
electricity & magnetism was the most difficult. (69%)

Gr. 12 is definitely more difficult, nothing as hard as the electricity unit last year yet.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ProteinPowder ProteinPowder
So, can anyone explain space-time diagrams to me?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

bump. How is this course going for the gr 12s so far?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

My friends tell me that it's getting much harder than last year already!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KingKhan KingKhan
For me grade 12 is much easier than 11, on kinematics test in grade 11, I got like 56%...we just finished our first unit test in grade 12 and I got a 94%
Was this helpful? Yes 0