yconic - Grade 12 Accounting (BAT4M)
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Grade 12 Accounting (BAT4M)

A photo of brady23 brady23
Hey guys,

Can you give me some info and your experiences with this course? Is it worth taking if I don't need it? And what is the workload like and how much homework is there?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
TROLL ALERT. Why don't you grow up and go ask your guidance department or stop being a baby and ask some of the gr12's directly
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of simplySimple simplySimple
LOL! to the comment above

I found this course to be pretty easy, and it was an average booster for me!!
Hope that helps
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of brady23 brady23

@simplySimple wrote
LOL! to the comment above

I found this course to be pretty easy, and it was an average booster for me!!
Hope that helps

Thanks, but would you recommend me to take it if I don't need it? I got a 96 in Gr 11 Accounting, but I got a lot of homework and studying from that course, and I heard it gets worse in grade 12. Would Economics be a better alternative if I like math?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
I didn't take Accounting 11 myself, but from what my friends told me..
It sounds like it's pretty much the same as what we're doing in accounting this year.
Taxes, journalizing, posting to ledgers.. trial balances.. balance sheets.. statement of equity.. income statement.. and all that good stuff.
I would say that you should probably take economics if you're interested in going into business so that you are exposed to a wide range of business related fields.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
^ I would also recommend economics over accounting, unless you plan on pursuing an accounting designation.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of axiom2true axiom2true
I would agree with above, Economics is probably more valuable than Accounting for the average prospective b-school student. But I'd take both, if possible.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AlexC2010 AlexC2010
I realize I'm really late posting on this; hope my opinion isn't coming too late!

I agree with the above that if the choice came down to Econ or Accounting, and you HAD to choose one or the other, Econ definitely would be the way to go (unless your pursuing accounting as a career.... then it would become tricky). I personally am taking Accounting 12 in my grade 11 year, and although its still more so Bookkeeping 12, rather than "accounting," one aspect I found very interesting is the fact that they focus more on financial literacy and analysis than the grade 11 course. What I really wanted out of the course is a better understanding of a business vocab, and an ability to actually be able to say, take IBM's balance sheet or Sachs, read it, and make sense of it; the practical stuff, you know?

So if permitting, I would recommend taking it: i'd give it a 4/10 on difficulty (I've been traditionally very strong with accounting, have a 98 in the course right now so I may be a bit biased), if thats your concern. But if you can take it, go for it; as well, if your talented in accounting, its a great average booster!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aimango aimango
Depends on the teacher because I had a notsoamazing experience with it. Still ended up with a 92 or 93 but honestly my teacher was strict and just kept handing assignments to us. The content wasnt bad , but yeah economics was a lot more interesting. and laid back at my school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
I found it very useful, but my teacher was great, but they are also a CA. But economics might be more useful, but I would recommend both.
Was this helpful? Yes 0