yconic - Grade 12 AP english?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Grade 12 AP english?

A photo of Creativeindividual Creativeindividual
Hi, did anyone here take Ap English ,in Canada and if so how did you find it?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of michaelplease michaelplease
For me it was a very enriching experience! We went a lot more in depth in discussions than in a normal class, and everyone was skilled in English which created a valuable learning community. It really depends on your teacher though because there is no set AP curriculum. As well the test was not that hard. I got a 5 so in addition to 8 high school credits I got 3-6 university credits!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of finnska finnska
What I enjoyed about AP English:

1) Smaller classes with fellow students who have a passion for English (well most students)
2) Enriching environment because of the students (you have much more academic discussions)
3) To put it bluntly, you get to read better book.

Would I recommend it to other people?
Yes and no.

Why?
The teacher at my school was horrible. I hated her. Almost our entire grade did. She wasn't a bad teacher but she was just a nasty person. However, if you have a decent teacher, a passion for English and willingness to do the work go for it. It will help you in the long run. But I wouldn't recommend doing it if you are going into Sciences or know you are going to a university that does not require first year English. If you are doing all the previous things, well only take AP English if you have lots of time on your hands and are trying for an AP award or something.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of halwits2011 halwits2011
what do you ap english firstly give a complete description.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of angelajohn angelajohn
I'll rather prefer this with out saying anything else, It really depends on your teacher though because there is no set AP curriculum. As well the test was not that hard. I got a 5 so in addition to 8 high school credits I got 3-6 university credits!
Was this helpful? Yes 0