yconic - Grade 12 Average For University Help & Opinion
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Grade 12 Average For University Help & Opinion

A photo of BizNas BizNas
I really need help deciding what I should do for my Grade 12 year.

I have most of the courses I need but I want to move AF to 1st sem so I can take Calc later but at the same time I don't want to be to stressed about maintaining a high average.

I would have all 3 maths if I make this move and I really want last period as a spare so I can do HW. 2nd Semester I will also only have 3 courses 5 U and 1 M in the end.

How much do universities care if I have one M and how hard do you think it will be to maintain an average over 80% with all 3 maths.

Should I take more M bird courses just in case so I can include it on my top 6?

Please help, I know I am not being very clear but help if you can; please!! :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of CalliePaascheton CalliePaascheton
I have functions 2st semester and data and calc both second and i think its working out for me right now.
As for the 4M courses I think two 4M course is good but no more than that. I cant rmbr where I read that but i know that must unis accept two 4M courses only.
As for spare I really doubt you'll get any work done. Its like an hour only, not enough to be absorbed into your math, and you'll be easily distracted if you're in school. Or at least thats how it is right now for me. I thought i'll use my spare to do math but its almost impossible. There's announcements and security guards checking my schedule to see if i'm skipping and then friends either dropping by during washroom breaks or other kids with a spare who are bored. All i'm saying is i think you shouldn't worry much about the spare because one hour will hardly do much for your mark.
Just some advice. Ignore this if you disagree. :) Good luck with this year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jelly jelly
I'd say the three maths are far from the hardest courses out there. Data can often be considered a bird course at some schools. My school had a near-90 class average for calculus. I agree with above... if you have last period spare you're going to end up going home and relaxing or fooling around. Having M courses doesn't really matter, some universities limit the amount you can have on your top 6, but having one is definitely acceptable and not looked down upon. Is there a reason why you're taking 3 maths though? I don't know of any program that needs all of them. I know business programs that require AF and calc, in addition to data being recommended, but that's about it. If you're not confident in your math skills, you should have at least 1-2 extra courses as you don't need all your maths in your top 6.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of superstar2011 superstar2011

@jelly wrote
I'd say the three maths are far from the hardest courses out there. Data can often be considered a bird course at some schools. My school had a near-90 class average for calculus. I agree with above... if you have last period spare you're going to end up going home and relaxing or fooling around. Having M courses doesn't really matter, some universities limit the amount you can have on your top 6, but having one is definitely acceptable and not looked down upon. Is there a reason why you're taking 3 maths though? I don't know of any program that needs all of them. I know business programs that require AF and calc, in addition to data being recommended, but that's about it. If you're not confident in your math skills, you should have at least 1-2 extra courses as you don't need all your maths in your top 6.

Your school must be atypical. My school had a median of 74 in calc.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CalliePaascheton CalliePaascheton

@superstar2011 wrote

@jelly wrote

no my school is also like that. Tough competition out there. :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jelly jelly

@superstar2011 wrote

@jelly wrote

The class was 90% asian if that explains anything LOL.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of superstar2011 superstar2011

@jelly wrote

@superstar2011 wrote

@jelly wrote

The class was 90% asian if that explains anything LOL.

OK, so it was the class itself that was atypical. LOL
Was this helpful? Yes 0