yconic - Grade 12 Course Selection
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Grade 12 Course Selection

A photo of kseo95 kseo95
Why are you taking chemistry and physics? I find that physics is one of the hardest courses out there (though you did do well in grade 11)... If you don't plan on going into science, I think you're creating stress for yourself for no reason. You should think about taking that out so you can have a spare in grade 12.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of Starring Starring
Why are you taking chemistry and physics? I find that physics is one of the hardest courses out there (though you did do well in grade 11)... If you don't plan on going into science, I think you're creating stress for yourself for no reason. You should think about taking that out so you can have a spare in grade 12.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

A photo of brady23 brady23

@kseo95 wrote
I'm a grade 11 student going on grade 12.
I plan to go on Business/Commerce for post-secondary institution.
Apparently, I think I am pushing myself too hard by taking many courses that are unrelated to my future major. Any helps?

Current grade 11 courses (I live in BC):

English 11 (88%)
AP Statistics (86%)
History 12 (96%)
Chemistry 11 Honors (89%)
Physics 11 Honors (92%)
Japanese 11 (bad)
Weight Training 11 (A)
Accounting 11 (98%)

My plan for grade 12 courses:
English 12
AP Calculus
AP World History
AP Psychology
AP Chemistry
AP Physics
AP Economics
Financial Accounting 12
PE 12

Yeah, don't take Chemistry and Physics. You will not use any of them in a business program, and they take up A LOT of time. Even if you can pull off a 90+ in these subjects, wasting hours and hours on them when you could be getting easy 90s in bird courses is a better idea.

English, Calculus, Economics, and Accounting I would keep. Even Psychology is a good course to take.

But I would drop World History, Physics, and Chemistry for sure. In Ontario, we have International Business, and Business Leadership which are big average boosters. For your remaining three courses pick three average boosters that will allow you to get an easy 90 (minimum effort). Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted