yconic - Grade 12 Course Selection
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Grade 12 Course Selection

A photo of fshope fshope
ENG4U1
MHF4U1
MCV4U1
SCH4U0
FSF4U1
TPJ4M1
SBI4U1
SPH4U1

Is this fine or should I take something out or switch something?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of denden denden
It depends on what you want to go into for the future. xD I don't suggest taking all three sciences unless you're going to use all of them in uni/college.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of fshope fshope
I want to apply for life science
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of brady23 brady23

@RedSmile wrote
ENG4U1
MHF4U1
MCV4U1
SCH4U0
FSF4U1
TPJ4M1
SBI4U1
SPH4U1

Is this fine or should I take something out or switch something?

Hey, I'm in grade 12 applying to Life Sciences as well, and I took the EXACT same courses as you (except I took Finance instead of TPJ4M1).

Your courses are great, physics is a good course to take because some life science programs even though they don't require it is a prerequisite, they will still make you take a 1st year physics class so if you have Physics 12, it will be almost like a review.

For your two electives, just make sure you KNOW you can get 90s in them - NOT 80s. If you have 90s in your two electives, you might have a better top 6 average than someone else who only got 80s in their two electives, even if they have a higher average for their prerequisite courses. So make sure, that the two electives you choose, French and TPJ4M1 are going to be the 2 electives you will get the highest mark in.

If there's a better elective that will get you a higher mark take that instead and replace it with one of your other electives.

Good luck!

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of terryaki26 terryaki26
Hey everyone! I'm curious what you guys think about the grade 12 courses I took and I didn't want to make a thread for it since there's one here :)

ENG4U1
MHF4U1
MCV4U1
FSF4U1
BOH4M1
HSB4M1
CIA4U1
CLN4U1

I'm thinking about switching out of CLN4U1 for Financial Securities or another English course.... not sure yet though.
Opinions would be appreciated!

Oh and I'm thinking about going into business! (specifically accounting - and I'm taking BAT4M1 right now!)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of brady23 brady23

@terryaki26 wrote
Hey everyone! I'm curious what you guys think about the grade 12 courses I took and I didn't want to make a thread for it since there's one here :)

ENG4U1
MHF4U1
MCV4U1
FSF4U1
BOH4M1
HSB4M1
CIA4U1
CLN4U1

I'm thinking about switching out of CLN4U1 for Financial Securities or another English course.... not sure yet though.
Opinions would be appreciated!

Oh and I'm thinking about going into business! (specifically accounting - and I'm taking BAT4M1 right now!)

The big 3 Business Courses are Finance, Economics, and Accounting. If you can take Finance, it will probably help you a lot in university. I would only take it if you can't get a 90 in Law. Only switch Law if it is not a course you can get a 90 in, and switch it with something that you KNOW you can get a 90 in, having 90s for your electives will help your top 6 a lot. If you can get a 90 in Finance, switch Law with Finance.

And make sure that the electives you pick will get you high marks for your top 6, because Business generally has a lot of space for electives so you want to get super high marks for these to get your best program choices. Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0