yconic - Grade 12 Earth and Space science online?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Grade 12 Earth and Space science online?

A photo of WizardViz WizardViz
Hello everyone! I'm a Gr.11 student and considering to take SES4UI, grade 12 Earth and Space science course on online next year. This course is all based on earth, volcanoes, rocks, geology and space stuff. It sounds so cool but then I'm not going to pursue anything in astronomy or earth sciences. Just wanna take it to boost my average. I'm planning to study health sciences after high school and to be frank, I'm not an English/ Arts person!! So please let me know if this course is an easy one or not. If not, can you please suggest any other 'U' bird courses?!?

The Courses that I'm taking next year are:
1.English- Eng4UI
2.Chemistry- SCH4UI
3.Biology- SBI3UI
4.Data & Management- MDM4UI
5.Calculus- MCV4UI
6.BOH4MI(U)- Business Leadership - taking on online ;)
Gr.12 Advanced Functions & Accounting - Finished already!!
and I need one more course to lift my average..just in case if I screw up on any one of those courses.
Thanks! :colors:

Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of Xizeta Xizeta
From what I have heard from several people, all of whom being from different schools, it is an easy course. Particularly, there are a couple people at my own school who achieved a 97% in the course last semester. I know that one of them is barely passing advanced functions and is in the low 80% in Biology.

The class is easy – but the teacher could just be mediocre too.

The class is definately a grade booster I think.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

From what I have heard from several people, all of whom being from different schools, it is an easy course. Particularly, there are a couple people at my own school who achieved a 97% in the course last semester. I know that one of them is barely passing advanced functions and is in the low 80% in Biology.

The class is easy – but the teacher could just be mediocre too.

The class is definately a grade booster I think.

Thank you very much, Xizeta! I'm in a dilemma now. I have looked at the cirriclum and a little bit of course work too. It sounds more like Geography and if I spend 30mins everyday I think it's shouldn't be a problem to hit high 90s.

Anyways, if anyone else have got any more additional info. please care to share here! Your guidance and stories are very much needed and will always be highly appreciated. :alien: Once again, tons of thanks!!:compress:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iCobra iCobra
If your school offers philosophy you should take it. Its usually a pretty jokes class and relatively easy.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@iCobra wrote
If your school offers philosophy you should take it. Its usually a pretty jokes class and relatively easy.

Oh really? But isn't Philosophy more like an English course? I hate English and that's the reason why I never took Philosophy into consideration. And can you please tell me a little more about the course, like what you learn, what you do and all in general? Thanks for replying :compress:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of tabletop tabletop
Peer tutoring is a good course too. I took it online. If you are not good at English have you considered taking 12U in summer school to get it over with?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@tabletop wrote
Peer tutoring is a good course too. I took it online. If you are not good at English have you considered taking 12U in summer school to get it over with?

I'm studying in WRDSB and I don't think my school offers the "Peer tutoring" course :( And well, I'm gonna take 12U English at night school- first semester:compress:

Btw, do you have any idea or comments on this Earth-Space Science course? I'm really considering to do it, however, I'm only picking it for high marks because I almost chose all hard courses next year. So yeah! What do you think and thanks for the answer. I really appreciate it :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of tabletop tabletop
I wanted to take it but they didn't offer it online in my school board (or school). It sounds like a pretty cool course.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@tabletop wrote
I wanted to take it but they didn't offer it online in my school board (or school). It sounds like a pretty cool course.

Yeah! I went through the curriculum and some sample course work over the internet. t's actually so good and quite similar to Geography ;)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Is anyone in here taking/ have taken Gr.12 Earth & Space science this year, may be on online or in class? I really wanna hear some stories and get some insight on this course. I have looked at the cirriculum and at fair bit of notes too. It actually looks kind of easy but then again, I dunno if it is wise to choose this course for getting a top mark. Please help me guys! I will be taking it on online:colors:

Was this helpful? Yes 0