yconic - Grade 12 English in Summer School (Waterloo University)
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Grade 12 English in Summer School (Waterloo University)

A photo of Architectman Architectman
To be honest i am really bad at English, so i am taking it during summer.
Do universities like Waterloo or u of t cares if its taken during summer school? like does it really matters?
i am expecting to get at least a 90 in that course.
what do you guys say?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of napinhei napinhei
You're going to have to actually call the universities and ask if it is okay.

When I applied to university from high school - three years ago and I ended up deciding not to go - I did this, but called the universities I applied to beforehand. York and Guelph were willing to accept it, but Western was not.

Therefore, there is no way to know whether your particular universities are okay with it unless you call.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of xoblackout xoblackout

@Architectman wrote
To be honest i am really bad at English, so i am taking it during summer.
Do universities like Waterloo or u of t cares if its taken during summer school? like does it really matters?
i am expecting to get at least a 90 in that course.
what do you guys say?

Hey! No, Waterloo doesn't care at all if you take it during summer school. Lots of people have, and they still got in (me included). Doesn't matter a bit!

I took English in summer school, and I got an 86. It's my LOWEST grade for my top 6. Unluckily I got a "real" teacher, not one of those that hands out free marks. Actually, I'm pretty good in English, and it's my favourite subject. In Writer's Craft this year, I'm getting 90's. This goes on to show how people DO NOT get what they deserve in summer school.

Basically, a lot of people got free 80s in summer school. So it's good for you, but for me, it brought down my overall average because the presentations dropped my grade (I'm only good at writing) and so I didn't have a chance to "redeem" myself since summer school is just one month.

If you struggle in English, then take summer school - you'll get in the 80's range. It's gonna be a bore at the beginning; sitting down for hours! So many people dropped out and I was about to drop the class too; I'm glad I didn't though, because now students are complaining about English in day school. It's so much faster in summer school, and it's worth it.

If you are great in English, and love the course, don't take it - I deserved a MUCH higher mark than 86.

Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0