yconic - Grade 12 English in the summer
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Grade 12 English in the summer

A photo of plaidboy plaidboy
So I have 2 questions I need to ask:

1. My school only allows some people to take english, I got a high 70 but they ask for a good reason as well. Anyone know a good reason I can use to take english?

2. Does anyone know when the summer school information comes in Markham?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of Doorhandle Doorhandle
If trying to get into university isnt a good enough reason to take a course, your school has some problems.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

yeah i know right... :/
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
Wow that's lame.
When I did English 12 over the summer, anyone could do it.
Try saying that you want to take AP English next year so you want to get English 12 done with.
If you have AP over there...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kyleigh711 kyleigh711

@cyynthiia wrote
Wow that's lame.
When I did English 12 over the summer, anyone could do it.
Try saying that you want to take AP English next year so you want to get English 12 done with.
If you have AP over there...

I think it's different in other provinces, but in most Ontario schools AP is done in regular grade 12 courses. ie. My AP english class was just a regular ENG4U class, but we prepared for the AP exam too. I've never heard of anyone in Ontario doing a separate class for AP, so I doubt this would be possible.

plaidboy, are you trying to take english over the summer because it might be easier, because you can't/don't want to take the course during the school year, or for another reason?

If it doesn't fit in your timetable, that ought to be a valid reason since you need it for uni and to graduate. If not, is there another school you could go to? Could you take it as a correspondence course?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

well i made a new post about taking summer school because I thought up of a good excuse but guidance just wouldn't hear it. Would taking bio be a good idea? I'm hoping to pursue an engineering career, but a possible life science backup.
Was this helpful? Yes 0