yconic - Grade 12 General Science-SNC4UI!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Grade 12 General Science-SNC4UI!

A photo of WizardViz WizardViz
Hello! Has anyone in here ever took Gr.12 "General Science"- SNC4U/M course? If so, what is it like? I'm a student in Gr.11 and I pretty much finished choosing all my courses for next year. Taking Gr.12 U Biology and chemistry from sciences; 3 maths ; English; a business course and finally, I need an elective. So I'm considering to take "General Science" although I'm taking two U sciences.I just wanna take a course that is easy to gain high marks and the one that helps to boost my average. So, my counsellor have recommended me to take General Science so that I can have a high average. However, do you think universities count this general science along with my other 2 sciences in the top 6 average? If not, then I think it's just waste of time to do. So, suggest me on what to do--take general science or pick any other non-science program as I'm taking 2 univ.sciences along with it? (Btw, I'm not an English person and I hate writing essays and stuff, this implies that I have no interest in history too ;p)Thanks and will look forward to receiving replies from you.

oh I forgot!!!! Well, my other alternative to General Science is Earth & Space Science (SES4UI) on online! Which one is the best to take in your opinion?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of itruffles itruffles
Hey, why did you colour code it LOL
But yeah, I never heard of that course before. It's a science course though (judging by the course code), they should count it because usually the requirements for science are something like calculus and one science, or 2 sciences. Don't quote me on that, check the requirements for the program of your choice. If your guidance counselor says it's easy, definitely take it. Because you never know if you'll f-ck up in another course, it's just nice to know that you can have something there to compensate for any possible shortcomings. Average boosters save us all...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@itruffles wrote
Hey, why did you colour code it LOL
But yeah, I never heard of that course before. It's a science course though (judging by the course code), they should count it because usually the requirements for science are something like calculus and one science, or 2 sciences. Don't quote me on that, check the requirements for the program of your choice. If your guidance counselor says it's easy, definitely take it. Because you never know if you'll f-ck up in another course, it's just nice to know that you can have something there to compensate for any possible shortcomings. Average boosters save us all...

Hey,itruffles! I'm sorry if the coloring has annoyed you. I just colored the sentences to highlight some main points :p Well, this course is coded as "SNC4MI" and is being offered in WRDSB! I pretty much think it's a composition of all three sciences in general and usually set up for the arts students who don't take the other U science courses individually.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

If it's a composition of all 3 sciences, and you're already taking/took them then it should be super easy for you, right? :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

If it's a composition of all 3 sciences, and you're already taking/took them then it should be super easy for you, right? :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@itruffles wrote

Yeah! You are right. There's gonna be some repetition from Biology and chemistry..so that's why I'm planning to take it next year, although it very boring and repetitive just to gain a good average. Do you think that's gonna help me and Universities consider this course in my over all average?:bball:
Was this helpful? Yes 0