yconic - Grade 12 Physics?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Grade 12 Physics?

A photo of sascer520 sascer520
I had my Grade 11 Review Test for physics(AKA 1D Kinematics). I bombed it partly because I only had 3 hours of sleep, and partly due to me not finishing the homework. Oh and My time management needs work, which got a lot better after this test. It is a good thing that my teacher does not weight factor our tests and just evaluates K/U, TIPS, APP, COMM by denominators. Bringing my mark up won't be that difficult as it would have been if he did weight factoring. I know the entire course is difficult and takes a effort. We are just really starting grade 12 physics. Nothing has been new so far. Anyways I was wondering what is the hardest/most difficult Unit of Grade 12 Physics?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of brady23 brady23
Sorry, I'm only taking this course now. But why are you taking Physics if you don't plan on finishing the homework and practicing? That's one of the worst things you can do with Physics, practicing usually helps students for tests. But it's only the beginning. You have 5 other unit tests left. Just try to do all your homework, ask for help, communicate concepts, and make sure you understand the calculations, do not memorize them. Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sascer520 sascer520

@brady23 wrote
Sorry, I'm only taking this course now. But why are you taking Physics if you don't plan on finishing the homework and practicing? That's one of the worst things you can do with Physics, practicing usually helps students for tests. But it's only the beginning. You have 5 other unit tests left. Just try to do all your homework, ask for help, communicate concepts, and make sure you understand the calculations, do not memorize them. Good luck!

Normally, I do my homework. All of it, and more. I go ahead a lot to prepare for the next lesson. Except, this semester, I have Chemistry,Computer Science,Calculus, and Physics. In that order, with no lunch breaks till the end. My school has different lunch periods. So yea, Second semester hit me hard, and I was always trying to catch up. But thanks to this weekend I'm all caught up and ahead. And yes, I will make sure I understand the calculation because I have noticed that many people memorize it and don't understand the intuition behind it. Anyways, Good Luck to you to!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jelly jelly
My class only really did three units in-depth, the other two were very rushed. We did: dynamics (kinematics, forces), energy, fields, waves, and quantum, in that order. In terms of theory, quantum was definitely the most challenging, and in terms of calculations, it'd have to be fields (we didn't do any for waves or quantum). I found it essentially impossible to just memorize the form and reproduce it on questions... there was no way that it would be that straight-forward. Really, I don't think doing homework is as important as it seems... the thing about physics (personally, anyway) was figuring out how to interpret and do the question. Each question was different from another, and there are literally millions of scenarios that a question could be describing, so as long as you can understand all the concepts and apply them, you'll be fine. That being said, the general consensus for my class was that their physics marks was a bit over 10% lower than their math marks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0