yconic - Grade 12 Progress (MARKS)...
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Grade 12 Progress (MARKS)...

A photo of smarty1 smarty1
Share your grade 12 day-to-day, week-to-week, or month-to-month progress here!

Purpose:

1. Keep the SAF alive.
2. It is important to know where we exactly stand and how we are doing in comparison to our peers and competition.

So...

- Have you lost marks yet?
- How many perfects did you receive?
- What mark do you have right now in your courses? [if not given an update, assumption... not necessarily be exact!]
- What're you getting or what did you get in the recent quizzes/tests/assignments?

MARKS MARKS MARKS... AS GRADE 12 PROGRESSES....!!!...

Additional...
- What kinda ECs/volunteering/work are you involved in?
- What are you doing to make your supplementary application stand out?
- How are you dealing with "grade 12" stress?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
106 replies

A photo of Nyx Nyx
Pretty much the same as before:
chem:95
bio:94
history:86
physics:93
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
Fast tracked:
12 Advanced Functions: 97
12 Chemistry: 96
12 English: 89
12 Accounting: 95

Current:
12 Calculus: 99
12 Financial Security: 96
12 AP Physics: 96

Next semester:
12 AP Economics
12 Data Management
12 International Business

My marks are high but I don't believe my supps/ECs are that strong. They're above average at best. Because I fasttracked a lot, I guess stress is low, I'm done all my apps except Waterloo (AIF not out). I'm procrastinating on scholarships (by posting here) mostly because I don't think I can win any good ones. : ( I should be working on a Finance project, but again, here I am : (
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
AP English: 95
Scrub English: 98
Math: 93
History: 98
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of blackjack blackjack
finished
Int. Business: 99
IB1 HL math:100
Physics: 97
Theory of knowledge: 93

Current
Leadership Business: 95
IBSL French: 90
IBSL English: 90
IBHL Math: 100
Data Management: 99
IBHL Physics: 96
IBHL Chem: 94

Oh hey immaculatedx I'm applying for Math/ca as well!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@Zion wrote

Do you have pics of your English teacher? Because a 98 simply does not happen at my school in English. No exceptions.

What's the class average?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KaituoKid KaituoKid
no change:

world issues: 97
Advanced functions : 99
Chemistry: 93
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of safarhealthsci1 safarhealthsci1

@g93 wrote

@Zion wrote

Do you have pics of your English teacher? Because a 98 simply does not happen at my school in English. No exceptions.

What's the class average?

I agree, this much inflation is ridiculous
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
English: 83
Food Science: 93
Music: 87

French, Human Growth, and Creative writing next semester
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
Some people are just good at English, lol. It's an AP class doing regular English 12, so obviously marks are going to be high. The average is probably mid-80s.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@Zion wrote
Some people are just good at English, lol. It's an AP class doing regular English 12, so obviously marks are going to be high. The average is probably mid-80s.

The highest mark in our school for English is like a 92, maybe 93, but probably not. One guy got a 95, but that was in summer school. And we have some very smart people at our school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion

@g93 wrote

@Zion wrote

The highest mark in our school for English is like a 92, maybe 93, but probably not. One guy got a 95, but that was in summer school. And we have some very smart people at our school.

Well, my teacher is really good and doesn't directly inflate (no corrections, bonus marks, etc.) so the only logical conclusion is that my school is incomparably more intelligent than yours.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@Zion wrote

@g93 wrote

@Zion wrote

Well, my teacher is really good and doesn't directly inflate (no corrections, bonus marks, etc.) so the only logical conclusion is that my school is incomparably more intelligent than yours.

Whatever gets you through the day....and night...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of IanSharer IanSharer

@Zion wrote

@g93 wrote

@Zion wrote

Or you don't have English teachers who insists that 90s in English are unheard of. The highest I've ever received on an English assignment was a 93 (including a 2% bonus for early admission) on an essay which my teacher claimed had better writing than his own.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of smarty1 smarty1
I think that deflation is a problem.

There are enough teachers, like the ones mentioned above, who just don't "believe" in giving 90s. That doesn't make sense to me. Students should have the opportunity to get a perfect in a course. Since English is a language, and truthfully, it is impossible for one to get a perfect in any language recognizing that there is no such thing as perfection in it, we must still have the right to attain a 90.

Else, there is major flaw in the system. If we spend hours working on something, and it still doesn't work out the way it should, it's practically known as BULL-CRAP (neither effective nor efficient) at least in my opinion.

Of course inflation is a also a problem. But people are misinterpreting the point here.

Person A = 84
Person B = 94

Rather than saying that person B's marks are inflated (bonuses, "free" marks, easiness in difficulty, etc.), there is a high possibility that person A's marks are rather deflated.

Depends on how we look at it.

Not to mention, I do find marks like 98/99/100 inflated. We're talking about language, aren't we? How would you judge Shakespeare here?

Point: system is fkked.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
My English course is about 80% tests (which include MC and essays) and 20% assignments (which are easy homework marks). The MC are manageable, and if you're a good writer you can get a 5+/6 every time on your essays. The average is about 4 though. I've gotten all 6s this year (the only one in my grade to), handed in all my homework assignments on time, and only gotten a few MC wrong on tests...hence, 98.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Zion wrote
My English course is about 80% tests (which include MC and essays) and 20% assignments (which are easy homework marks). The MC are manageable, and if you're a good writer you can get a 5+/6 every time on your essays. The average is about 4 though. I've gotten all 6s this year (the only one in my grade to), handed in all my homework assignments on time, and only gotten a few MC wrong on tests...hence, 98.

6 as in IB 6? I always get 6's and my mark is probably very low 90's.. although there is like one or two people who always gets 7+ who probably has 99/100 right now >.>
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of slader23 slader23
my marks from my December Mark Update( Not inflated..reading from report card.)

Advanced Functions: 84
English: 87
World Studies: 93
Exercise Science: 95
AP World History: 94

Overall Average: 90.6%

so far doing alright but there is room for improvement....need to bring English to 90 or so and Math to 87-89 also need to bring World studies to 95+ as I have been doing nothing in that class...the other two can be improved as well....need a 2.5% higher overall average to get into my choices with a decent scholarship.....
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion

@blackjack wrote

@Zion wrote

6 as in IB 6? I always get 6's and my mark is probably very low 90's.. although there is like one or two people who always gets 7+ who probably has 99/100 right now >.>

No, not IB. The English courses in BC all have their essays marked on a six-point scale. Only about 5-10% of students achieve a 6 on any given essay.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Zion wrote

@blackjack wrote

@Zion wrote

No, not IB. The English courses in BC all have their essays marked on a six-point scale. Only about 5-10% of students achieve a 6 on any given essay.

ohhh i see then. good job! I really need my eng mark to stay at 90 >.<
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@Zion wrote

If you're a good writer at our school, you get an 80. If you are an exceptional writer, sometimes you get a 90. Anything above 90 doesn't happen very often, they're the top students and the killer essays.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JohnC JohnC
I think is time for me to change a high school. our ENG3U course avg is high 60s and most ridiculously, MCR3U my class avg is 63!!!!! All those Chinese immigrants are beast. So our math department decided to increase the level of difficulty for tests to control the math avg, and suddenly most ppl's marks are like 30-50s and those new immigrants are still remain 90s!!! is not fair! my overall avg right now only low 80s
I'm totally screwed.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of g93 g93

@JohnC wrote
I think is time for me to change a high school. our ENG3U course avg is high 60s and most ridiculously, MCR3U my class avg is 63!!!!! All those Chinese immigrants are beast. So our math department decided to increase the level of difficulty for tests to control the math avg, and suddenly most ppl's marks are like 30-50s and those new immigrants are still remain 90s!!! is not fair! my overall avg right now only low 80s
I'm totally screwed.

Sounds similar to my school, except we have no Chinese.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lowexpectations lowexpectations
I'm jealous of all you guys who go to semestered schools.
People who have 7-8 full year courses tend to have crappier marks. :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@lowexpectations wrote
I'm jealous of all you guys who go to semestered schools.
People who have 7-8 full year courses tend to have crappier marks. :(

actually nahh I think in non-semestered school, my marks at first or second report card is higher since for each course, I've only had like maybe 2-3 major tests. Of course it goes down when we have crapload of exams in June.. but hopefully we get accepted by then and our average meets the conditional acceptance average! xD
Was this helpful? Yes 0