yconic - Grade 12 Schedule. Advice needed !
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Grade 12 Schedule. Advice needed !

A photo of beengwaigor beengwaigor
So i'm going into grade 12 this september and i'm deciding if this schedule should be balanced.

1st semester
Advanced Functions
Biology
Computer Science
Exercise Science

2nd semester
English
Calculas
Philosophy
Chemistry

My thoughts on this is that my 1st semester seems alot easier then the 2nd semester. Is this a disadvantage for getting early acceptance since important courses like English isn't in the 1st semester.

Another question i want to ask is that is it better to have English in 1st semester so Universities can see the final mark rather then the mid term mark. Since universities do look at 1st semester and 2nd semester mid term marks right ? correct me if im wrong.

Advice is needed ! Im stressed before its even happening. Would you revise this schedule the way you think it should be.

Another thing to add is that i'm planning to apply for Life Science
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of PiggyFlavoredPocky PiggyFlavoredPocky
Generally, acceptances are handed out after they review your first semester's final marks, and second semester's midterm marks. So, I think it would make sense that it's better to have your harder classes second semester, as midterm marks are almost always higher than final marks. Though, you can't let your average fall too far after getting accepted.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of aquarius aquarius

@beengwaigor wrote
So i'm going into grade 12 this september and i'm deciding if this schedule should be balanced.

1st semester
Advanced Functions
Biology
Computer Science
Exercise Science

2nd semester
English
Calculas
Philosophy
Chemistry

My thoughts on this is that my 1st semester seems alot easier then the 2nd semester. Is this a disadvantage for getting early acceptance since important courses like English isn't in the 1st semester.

Another question i want to ask is that is it better to have English in 1st semester so Universities can see the final mark rather then the mid term mark. Since universities do look at 1st semester and 2nd semester mid term marks right ? correct me if im wrong.

Advice is needed ! Im stressed before its even happening. Would you revise this schedule the way you think it should be.

Another thing to add is that i'm planning to apply for Life Science

Early acceptance are given if your Grade 11 marks are 90+and if it is then taking English in 1st semester might definately help you .

Good Luck !
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of superstar2011 superstar2011

@PiggyFlavoredPocky wrote
Generally, acceptances are handed out after they review your first semester's final marks, and second semester's midterm marks. So, I think it would make sense that it's better to have your harder classes second semester, as midterm marks are almost always higher than final marks. Though, you can't let your average fall too far after getting accepted.

This is usually true for second semester in grade 12 classes. For first semester, there isn't much of a correlation, since teachers aren't likely to help boost your mark by midterm during first semester as they aren't reported on OUAC. My final marks other than the second semester in grade 12 were usually higher than the midterm marks. OP, keep that in mind, and don't be too discouraged about midterm marks not being very high in first semester. They don't normally go much lower by the finals.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of beengwaigor beengwaigor
The thing is i checked electronicinfo and it says that you they pay attention to English and Calc the most but both those courses are in my 2nd semester will this affect my chances of getting accepted in like feb-march. My school gives out 2nd semester midterms during April the 12th.

Is early acceptance Feb-march and normal acceptance mid april to may ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
Early acceptance = Jan-early Feb (possibly even December if you have stellar gr 11 marks and applied early)
Normal = late Feb-May

It's not important to get an early acceptance at all. Many programs require a supp app and those will not do early acceptances (except for Queen's science) since they need time to process and go through all the applications.
Was this helpful? Yes 0